What's your "White Whale"?

Started by Johnny_Yac, Dec 03, 2010, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

QuoteI have this in a file that reads Sundance Film Festival 2007.  I'm checking to see if its kosher to share before (re)posting a link to download.  I note it seems to have been removed from the Steam Engine blog, too.  We gotta respect the band when they don't want certain tracks put out in public, though I assumed DPB was released, along the lines of the Louisville is for Lovers series, with a number of Jacket tunes (Good Morning Dove, Epichord, etc.).

I have the track, its a great one, I just don't know where it came from. Mine is also from SunDance 2007.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

woodnymph

Wheeeeewww.... How Could I Know was *a* white whale (there are still others), but I'm listening to it now and reminiscing about the T5 versionnnnn... and I remember my surprise at the first couple notes of it, and I was in denial for like the first 30 seconds in disbelief....... then I actually just hung around the pearly gates awhile singing along til they finished...... sheeewwwwww talk about a mirror reflecting a mirror, as someone once said......
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

I'd say Same In Any Language is up there now... but that's by some other group.......
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Kenny76

My white whale is THE BEAR!  16 shows and no dice.  I have much love for that song and I don't know why they don't play it more often.  but therrrrre's stiiilll tiiiiiiime....

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

johnnYYac

Quote from: AMightyCaporal on Jan 05, 2011, 10:43 PM
El Caporal!
Hey, AMC!  Is it just me and my shoddy memory, or have you been gone from these here parts for some time now?  Welcome back.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 05, 2011, 11:09 PM
El Caporal!
Hey, AMC!  Is it just me and my shoddy memory, or have you been gone from these here parts for some time now?  Welcome back.
Hey!  That was my 1999th post, which means this must be...

2000!

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 05, 2011, 11:09 PM
El Caporal!

Your memory serves you correct- It has been a while since I've posted. Work+Commute+Freelancing+Wedding Planning= not really much time for anything else.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

The General

well i've been to 6 MMJ shows and I have yet to see "Where to Begin".....maybe someday. That's my white whale.

YungYave

I've only been to 4 shows (none at T-5), but have still managed to hear at least 5 songs from each of the 5 studio albums: TTF-6, AD-5, ISM-8, Z-7, EU-5. I've also seen a few good ones from the miscellaneous releases. But there's AT LEAST one from each of those 5 studio albums I'd still like to hear live. Mostly: TTF- The Bear, AD- Strangulation!, ISM- Masterplan, Z- Into The Woods, EU- Librarian. As far as other stuff goes, I'd love to hear Sooner, O Is The One That Is Real, and Tyrone. Kind of avoiding the question by listing so many, but truthfully I wanna hear them all live!
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

capt. scotty

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Dec 05, 2010, 02:02 AM
Devil's Peanut Butter, of course  ;)

This would be mine, although Im guessing there is no chance they'll ever play it.

In that case, I'll go with Why Dont You Love Me or When Will They Come??
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ChiefOKONO

when/on what was devil's peanut butter released??! i must have missed it!

johnnYYac

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 07, 2011, 06:27 PM
when/on what was devil's peanut butter released??! i must have missed it!
The mp3 I have says its from Sundance Film Festival Sampler 2007 Disc 1

I think I posted a link to it once after I'd uploaded it, but admin deleted my post.  I may be remembering it wrong, but I think its a track MMJ doesn't want to circulate.  Can anyone verify that?

ms. yvon

the two songs i'd been wanting to hear live were "twilight" and "tyrone." both of them played on night one of T5.  to say that my mind was blown is understating it.

side bar:   i had a ticket to the dallas show where mmj performed "tyrone" with erykah badu, but didn't make the trip.  i still haven't listened to a recording of that show. 

at this juncture:  i am white whale-less.  :)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

johnnYYac

Quote from: ms. yvon on Jan 09, 2011, 09:47 PM
the two songs i'd been wanting to hear live were "twilight" and "tyrone." both of them played on night one of T5.  to say that my mind was blown is understating it.

side bar:   i had a ticket to the dallas show where mmj performed "tyrone" with erykah badu, but didn't make the trip.  i still haven't listened to a recording of that show. 

at this juncture:  i am white whale-less.  :)
I knew this thread would be less impactful to the lucky T5 fivers, but there must still be some song you've yet to hear live (and want to).  What about their cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother"?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3YZQNF9