CIMS - They are GREAT

Started by LaurieBlue, Feb 08, 2006, 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

From this week's CIMS (Coalition of Independent Music Stores) mailing:

"HELPFUL HINT FROM DON: Go to a movie tonight and skip it. But, go ahead and program your Tivo for Austin City Limits this Saturday for the best band in America - My Morning Jacket. Way too good to be Grammy worthy."

and....

MMJ is STILL charting:

Coalition of Independent Music Stores Top 200 for Week Ending 2-05-06

Label    Pos.    ARTIST|TITLE        
OLE    1    CAT POWER|GREATEST        
GEFN    2    SHE WANTS REVEN|SHE WANTS REVE        
EPIC    3    MATISYAHU|LIVE AT STUBBS-AUSTI        
TMLV    4    LEWIS*JENNY WIT|RABBIT FUR COA        
CAP    5    CASH*ROSANNE|BLACK CADILLAC        
ATLG    6    BLUNT*JAMES|BACK TO BEDLAM        
RCA    7    STROKES|FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF E        
ATLG    8    DEATH CAB FOR C|PLANS        
GEFN    9    BLIGE*MARY J.|BREAKTHROUGH        
EVTY    10    GOURDS|HEAVY ORNAMENTALS        
RCAV    11    HEAP*IMOGEN|SPEAK FOR YOURSELF        
INT    12    EMINEM|CURTAIN CALL        
J    13    FOXX*JAMIE|UNPREDICTABLE        
OVCT    14    TORTOISE & BONN|BRAVE & THE BO        
ATO    15    MY MORNING JACK|Z        

Don VanCleave
Coalition of Independent Music Stores
Suite 101
1776 Independence Ct
Birmingham, AL  35216

205-879-9023 x201
205-879-2889 (fax)
www.cimsmusic.com

As a reminder...

The Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) is a group of some of the best independent music stores in America. CIMS was founded in 1995; its current membership is made up of 31 accounts that handle 70 stores in 24 states. Many of the accounts have been recognized by the music industry and their local communities for their outstanding dedication to customer service and developing artist support.

Each member is bound by its shared love of music, a reputation for great selection and customer service in each's community, yet each CIMS account is as unique as the market it represents. Most importantly, CIMS member stores continually seek to challenge the jaded, color-by-numbers advertising and marketing of other retailers. See the store finder to the left or go to CIMS STORES to find an account closest to you.

saki

QuoteFrom this week's CIMS (Coalition of Independent Music Stores) mailing:

best band in America - My Morning Jacket. Way too good to be Grammy worthy."

That's damn right!!  Anyone catch any of the grammy awards?  I saw a little bit then got really bored.  How many freaking grammy's are we gonna throw out to U2?  Why don't we just give every "alternative" music album award to the white stripes?  Anytime an award show lists a category as being "alternative" you know they have no originality...alternative to what?  Rap music?  

my favourite is them giving the grammy for best metal album to Jethro Tull in like '89 instead of Metallica...then when Metallica won in 1991 for the black album Lars Ulrich gettin up there and sayin,' "I guess we'll have to thank Jethro Tull for not puttin' out an album this year."  

no disrespect for Jethro Tull though...

Dee.

QuoteU2 swept up every category they were nominated for, going five for five, including the biggest awards of the evening for Song of the Year ("Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own") and Album of the Year, How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.  Other wins came in the category of Rock Album of the Year, Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, and Best Rock Song ("City of Blinding Lights").

U2 is the sixth most successful Grammy winning act, with 22 awards.

They win everything.  It's out of control.

Coltrane

The Grammys suck major ass......

even I've won 3 Grammys!!!!!!!!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Sleazy Rider

U2 could have wrote Gideon, if they were the greatest band in the world.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.