Randomest place you heard a Jacket song?

Started by wellfleet, Feb 22, 2006, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

They had this digital jukebox that you could download songs on.  

I saw one of those at a bar in the Little Five Points area of Atlanta last thanksgiving weekend.  What a great idea!  No one was paying for particular music on this one and it would play random songs, almost all of which were outstanding.  Very cool indeed.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

tinyorangepig

i am a fan of picking that obscure deep 8-9 minute track to freak out the bar.  beware of the bar with the skip button behind the bar for crap jukebox selections....

on topic, yesterday I heard MMJ while standing in line at the sandwich chain - Quiznos

t.o.p

wellfleet

everything sucks. really.

saki

I heard "Lay Low," at 11.30 pm one night.  I was setting my alarm to "radio" and as I checked to see if the volume was high enough by turning the radio on, I heard the song and listened to it all the way through.  At first I was like WTF??  cuz i never hear the jacket on the radio except for golden and one big holiday.  But, this was also on some random 88.5 radio station.  I was staying at my sister's house and so I didn't know what the station was set to but it looked like something in the 800's.  It was a pleasant surprise ;D

Down_In_Louisville

I was at my girlfriends house playing poker online last night and all of a sudden I hear "off the record".  I look up and it's the concluding song on that show "How I met your mother"  (terrible show by the way),  it was just weird that I check the message boards and see this thread after last night...

Killgies

Last night on How I Met Your Mother in the background  Off the record was playing.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Meddle

i heard one big holiday on a commercial for the olympics snowboard cross
...And Some Are Angels...

Angry Ewok

Yesterday, whilst browsing through the St. Patty's cards at Target, I thought to myself, "Fuck me in the ass, is that Anytime I keep hearing?" I looked around, back and forth, and realized that not only was the song playing through Target's speakers, but the Music Video was playing on every single TV in the store.

Awesome!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

wellfleet

HEY! you can't say fuck me in the ass at target. you can't even think it!
everything sucks. really.

EC

Quotethey have a video for Anytime?

Yeah, is that right?!  

Last night Jen told me that the dude who wrote and directed a play she was in was using X-Mas Curtain as the final music in the play!!!  And HE knew the song because he heard it on the ultimate mmj mix, as created by me for her two years ago, which still gets constant rotation.  It is even preferred to the regular discs by some.  

Anyhow, they didn't end up using it in the end for some reason or another.  And, just to be clear in the legal department, it would have had the proper copyrighting and appropriate legalities that go along with that kind of thing.  :)

Angry Ewok

I promise you guys, I am not fucking you in the ass here (especially wellfleet, as you're married, and your husband could probably kick my ass) - but it was definately Anytime, and it was definately a bonafide music video, as it had the usual end credits on the bottom left-hand corner (My Morning Jacket, Anytime, Z, ATO Records, I believe)...

I had no idea there was a video for Anytime, either, until now... I'm thinking about calling Target and seeing if the Manager could smuggle me the tape...

Although I missed most of the video whilst wondering where the hell the song was coming from, I can tell you it has a couple of highschool kids running around with a book bag... at the end the contents of the bag get dumped into a trash can.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Half

in Myrtle Beach SC.  i was shopping at Barefoot Landing.  a bar there JUST opened, i think it was aroun 11:00am.  i walked in as the bartender opened the doors.  i was the only one there and it was silent as he got me a bottle of beer.  i just lit a cigarette and Golden came on.  it was weirdo
but i done went and plum forgot it

EC

QuoteI promise you guys, I am not fucking you in the ass here (especially wellfleet, as you're married, and your husband could probably kick my ass) - but it was definately Anytime, and it was definately a bonafide music video, as it had the usual end credits on the bottom left-hand corner (My Morning Jacket, Anytime, Z, ATO Records, I believe)...

I had no idea there was a video for Anytime, either, until now... I'm thinking about calling Target and seeing if the Manager could smuggle me the tape...

Although I missed most of the video whilst wondering where the hell the song was coming from, I can tell you it has a couple of highschool kids running around with a book bag... at the end the contents of the bag get dumped into a trash can.

Sweetest of peas, I think that's the Off The Record video.  Unless they're doing a series.  :)

Angry Ewok

Maybe they just dubbed Anytime over the Off the Record video?

cmccubbin25

i was just at Target in Lexington, KY and saw the same video...however it was definitely "Off The Record" playing as well as the video for the song....VERY RANDOM!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

EC

QuoteMaybe they just dubbed Anytime over the Off the Record video?

It's entirely possible that I'm wrong, though.  There really could be an Anytime video that's like the OTR video, and I just don't know about it.  There are many many things that EC does not know.  ;)

Many.

Meddle

i sware mmj are the most known unknown
...And Some Are Angels...

AM_Son

yep, the other day my girlfriend and i were in Target and "off the record" was playing from over near the electronics section!  she and i looked at eachother and she said, "do you hear...?" and we just looked at eachother and grinned- it was cool, so unexpected but glorious!

gotta love 'em
peace