Conan Show Anytime question -masks-

Started by Billo, Apr 02, 2006, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billo

My 6 year old son was wonder why Patrick and Jim were wearing masks in the Anytime performance from the Conan O'Brien Show.  When I told him I could find out by asking the computer he said "the computer can hear you".  I said no, but I know alot of people who could help us with an answer.
For the record he likes Anytime more than Crazy Frog.
Thanks in advance.
Billo

Clarkwork

My 20 month old son's favorite thing on television is the Anytime performance from Conan.  He stops whatever he is doing and watches the TV whenever I turn it on.  Maybe they should make a kids album...

As far as the masks go the only thing I can think of is it was around Halloween that they played on the show.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

peanut butter puddin surprise

(makes mental note to play that for Amelia....)

the guys have always sported some kind of mask, hat, disguise, costume...at some point or another.  methinks playing in front of a gazillion people is overwhelming, so maybe the masks for this were to help with jitters?  nah, probably not...but they are fun!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

my question is: why not a mask? :)

TheRoof

You Are Everything

primushead

Quotemy question is: why not a mask? :)

Yeah, and fuck the rest of the band for not wearing masks, dammit.  They're obviously not team players >:(

;)

EC

Yeah, and fuck the rest of the band for not wearing masks, dammit.  They're obviously not team players >:(

;)
man you're so right.  bastards.  let's beat them up at the next show.

;)

MMJ_fanatic

Alright everybody just calm down, maybe Tom, Carl, and Bo didn't have enough spare dough to afford masks--didja think of that, huh!?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ratsprayer

QuoteAlright everybody just calm down, maybe Tom, Carl, and Bo didn't have enough spare dough to afford masks--didja think of that, huh!?

i have the answer here.  tom's hair covers his face pretty well, so he doesnt need a mask.  carl is too dreamy to need to cover his face with a mask, and bo just said fuck it, because hes an individual.   ;D

ali

plus masks & glasses don't work too well....  :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

BH

Maybe.........

They had invisible masks.

Heh?  :o :o
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dee.

QuoteWhen was that performance?? ???

It's in here if ya missed it.  ;)

EC

Quotei have the answer here.  tom's hair covers his face pretty well, so he doesnt need a mask.  carl is too dreamy to need to cover his face with a mask, and bo just said fuck it, because hes an individual.   ;D
boy you sure do have a crush on carl.  ;)

my theory is that jim and patrick are so dreamy that they don't like fucking up the world with their dreaminess.  maybe they were worried that people would crash their cars, or walk into moving traffic just thinking about how dreamy they are.  it is my opinion that the masks are precautionary for world peace and death prevention.  

not to say that the others aren't dreamy, too.  they're all veeeeeeery dreamy....ssssssooooooo dreaaaaaammzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....  zzzzzzzzz......

Billo

Thanks I'll distill the answers and arrive at an answer.

primushead

Thank you, everybody (especially Meg) for your overuse of the word 'dreamy'.  It's been a while since I've used it in a sentence, and I think it may be my new word of the month.  

So in short....thank you, dreamy people, thank you. :)

ratsprayer

it was my use of the word dreamy that got this started.  im influential, bitches.   8) 8)

EC

QuoteThank you, everybody (especially Meg) for your overuse of the word 'dreamy'.  It's been a while since I've used it in a sentence, and I think it may be my new word of the month.  

So in short....thank you, dreamy people, thank you. :)

i like sayin' dreamy, too.  you're very dreamy, primushead.  you, too, ratzz.  

BH

I thought they buried "dreamy" with dog poodle skirts.

(Wow, now that I have said dreamy in my head at least 20 times it doesn't sound like a word anymore.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteThanks I'll distill the answers and arrive at an answer.
that's really what its all about dude--they did it for whatever reason you think....
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sideroad32

I wore a mask when my band played on halloween...
It didn't work out so well...