Main Menu

Sweden

Started by Enrump, Feb 02, 2005, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrump

I just wanted to know if there are any shows planned in Sweden in the near future? Or anywhere in Europe for that matter...

MMJ_fanatic

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jacket makes it to Roskildefest (Spelling?) in the near future
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

CC

no, nothing planned for sweden yet. or europe. i think they should play sweden again though. haven't been there yet. maybe in the summer or fall. is sweden nice in the fall? anyway, keep checkin back!

Tore

And Norway. Please Norway! Saw MMJ at the Quart festival last July, and iit's the best concert i have ever attended. Shame so few shared it with me...

Enrump

Sweden is very beautiful in fall, you know leaves changing colour and stuff...

Tore

But not as beautiful as Norway, although jealous swedes sometimes like to think so. :D

Seriously i'd be happy to travel to Sweden if they weren't to come to Norway. But I surely hope they will. Or else I'll remind the band of Jims "We'll be back"....

Pjotr

Sweden looks quite a bit like Kentucky. At least the countryside. Be sure to check it out. And please come to Malmö again. My car won't survive the trip to Stockholm.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteAnd please come to Malmö again.

Hey! I've been to Malmo!  Nice place--I liked the culture museum.

primushead

QuoteI just wanted to know if there are any shows planned in Sweden in the near future? Or anywhere in Europe for that matter...

Oh shit, they really ARE popular in Sweden! :D

EC

Yeah, for real!

Like, I think it was Sweden, Norway, ummmm  and Holland (?) that went nuts for them first.  They did this tour a few years back, and I believe it was those countries who helped elevate their status because the fans went crazy for them first.

Riny?  'O'?  lfish?  Is this story correct?

primushead

That's pretty cool info.

CC

QuoteYeah, for real!

Like, I think it was Sweden, Norway, ummmm  and Holland (?) that went nuts for them first.  They did this tour a few years back, and I believe it was those countries who helped elevate their status because the fans went crazy for them first.

Riny?  'O'?  lfish?  Is this story correct?

not really.
it was just holland (and belgium. we're like salt n pepa) that went nuts first.

EC

whoops!  sorry.  more lies.   :-X

SMc55

QuoteBut not as beautiful as Norway, although jealous swedes sometimes like to think so. :D

I was in Norway exactly a year ago. It really was lovely. I'm sure Sweden's just as beautiful. I'd love to go there one day. Maybe to a MMJ concert  :D

Enrump

I don't get it. You never hear anything about my morning jacket here in sweden, but everyone that has ever seen them live or heard their records are crazy about them. So why are they not huge here in Sweden?

MMJ_fanatic

That does seem rather odd :-/

SaraBananaBear

Welcome back thread of old old time, time to warm up for the shows in Sweden! :thumbsup:

:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Quote from my favorite Swedish journalist (roughly translated):

QuoteTo miss My Morning Jacket's upcoming concerts in Sweden would be like missing Elvis 1956, Dylan 1966, Maria McKee 1993 and the return of Jesus.

How could one disagree with that? :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sweet Nothing

Agreed, this is quite an old thread but glad that you resurrected it so that other could see this.  Hope you enjoyed the show(s) in the UK and hope that you make it to the states for a show or two.