Friday night Philly show..

Started by Ross, Oct 14, 2005, 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Wow.

I know it's common courtesy to wait several weeks before asking if anyone has X show - so I won't ask for it. What I'd really love to know is if anyone even saw a taper there tonight - I did not.

I'll let someone else do the review thing, as words can't really describe what I just saw. Though I'm fairly sure that Z was played from start to finish (the entire first set).

Good to meet some of you tonight -

Ross

Coltrane

Yes, they played "Z" straight thru, start to finish.

Encore as follows:

One Big Holiday
O i s the One That is Real
Lowdown
Golden
Northern Sky (Nick Drake cover)
It's About Twilgiht Now (I Think I'm Going to Hell was crossed out)
Mahgeetah

This show was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Jim was in a real playful mood and the band really just wanted to rock tonite. It was so intense! Like Ross said....I am speechless. Words simply do not do justice!!!

I am forever amazed by this band!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

toolbag

I was at the show, pretty awesome set. As usual they were putting their all into it.

As for playing the entire Z, it was good to hear each song live, but I would have loved some more At Dawn and Tennessee Fire. But I guess the fact is that their catalog is so big and solid you cant get everything that you want.
I still cant see how people go there and dont rock out completely. Let it loose, dont stand around in teh first couple rows and be a corpse.

havibulin

i dont believe it. i envy anyone who was fortunate enough to go see this show.

sweatboard

Z the whole way through??????????????  Holy Shit!!! That is AMAZING.  I would have given a testical for that show.  Good On YA Boys.
There's Still Time.........

whitepepper

the show was amazing, the boys were on fire...Jim's poncho was the best of course

Coltrane

the "mens choir" was on point!!!!

revolver80

My Morning Jacket
Theatre of Living Arts
10/14/05

Wordless Chorus
It Beats For You
Gideon
What A Wonderful Man
Off the Record
Into the Woods
Anytime
Lay Low
Knot Comes Loose
Dondante

One Big Holiday
O is the One That is Real
Lowdown
Golden
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
It's About Twilight Now
Mahgeeta

speculator

hmmmm, the entire album in order...

live album taping?

tbone

holy shxx.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o

that show rocked my world!!!!!!!   ;) :o ;D 8) :o ;D ;)

why is it that everytime i hear this band, they make me feel like i am driving like 80 mph through the rocky mountains, with windows down?... lol

JJ's voice is simply without equal live.  I mean, not too many can pull that off.  I thought the sound was a-m-a-z-i-n-g where we were standing.

one big holiday, was the show stopper... for me anyway.  that song has such an infectious groove.

i would've like to hear more off of "At Dawn"(my personal fave)... but i was happy to hear what i got.

cool crowd, cool vibes...(unusual for Philthy... ha ha... must've been the music!?!?)

and that was a "Shaw" that JJ was wearing to start the show... how F'n cool is that?...

these guys are the real deal, no doubt.

any tapers???... share the love!!!

Joey D

I was at the show last night, without a doubt one of the best shows I have seen by any band.  Fucking awesome energy.  Jim's voice was ridiculous.  The owls on the stage were also the shit. I had a great fucking time and if anyone taped this you would be a God if I could get my hands on it.  Oh yeah and Mahgeeta kicked my ass big time.

toolbag

Also, got to mention, Jim's mic went you in the middle of Mahgeetah. He started to laugh and then heads up went over to Carl's mic.

whitepepper

i'm on such a high today..going on 3 hours of sleep, I felt like I was in a spirtual heven last night..music of gods....

Coltrane

...and when Jim went to Carl's mic, he almost bashed into him several times because Jim was REALLY into it! Carl just laughed and got out of the tornado's way!!!    ;)

glynner

hey all,

I was also at the show last night.  what a great time.  my ears are still ringing.  i was looking at the set lists that you all put up.  thanks alot!  but i was wondering if they played a few more songs off (it still moves)?  i have been listening to alot of mmj in the past few days, so i may be totally off.

Half

these guys were just fucking DISGUSTING........seriously
but i done went and plum forgot it

Huntley

I have seen MMJ live 4 times now and this show was a semi-let down for me.  To play the new album in order in it's entirety was very lame.  I loved the performance, but I don't like to go to a show and know what song is coming next repeatedly; it did not take long to figure out what they were doing either, during Gideon I had the notion on the order of Z.  The vocals in the TLA were pretty distorted too; heard them in the past with much crisper/clearer sound.  It was great to see them again; but I was not moved like the way I was on their It Still Moves tour.  

spacecaptain

I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder, but that was my 4th MMJ show as well, and by FAR the best of the 4. I walked out after Wednesday's show wondering how they were going to top it on Friday. I walked out on Friday wondering why I thought the Wed show was so good.

MMotherfuckingJ

Friday was my first MMJ show.  What a great show!  And what a cool crowd.  I had a really, really good time.  I Was in a great mood the whole weekend cause of it.

EC

MMotherfuckingJ.

Brilliant.