MMJ on Sundance Channel (Bonnaroo 04)

Started by bo_dereks_tits, Jun 28, 2006, 04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bo dereks tits

flipping through the channels the other day, i stumbled a documentary of the 2004 Bonnaroo.  I caught the tail end and watched a part on Femi Kuti, then Taj Mahal, then much to my suprise, it ended with a focus on MMJ.  It had some amazing footage from their set, in great quality.  Having never seen any footage from that set, but listened to it many many times, I was blown away to see that stuff.  
Check it out.  I think the doc was just called "Bonnaroo".
Sorry if this is old news.

p.s.  I didn't realized it was pouring fucking rain during Steam Engine!  How can bands play in the pouring rain with all that electricity!

SpacedCowboy

Completely forgot about posting this.  Just got back from symphony hall last wednesday night, and we were all relaxing after an amazing set of Jacket, and them what do we turn to.....  the footage I've been waiting to see for 2 years!!!!!  The grand finale of "Welcome to Bonnaroo:  2004"  Golden performed acoustically by Jim, cut to the full band on stage, same song, then cut back to the acoustic stage again.  THEN HERE IT COMES.....  A storm like no other....  Shredding through the end Steam Engine.  It took me back 2 years to that amazing life changing moment.  How come this isn't on the DVD???
and the pump don't work cause the vandal took the handle

aMD

I'd like to see that if anyone can tape it and put it up on youtube.

Dee.

I don't even know if I have the Sundance Channel, but apparently there aren't any upcoming listings anyway.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/film/?ixFilmID=7129&rname=The+Film+Finder

SpacedCowboy

I have been doing some scouring trying to find out some info.  The Documentry is called "We Have Arrived: Bonnaroo 2004" directed by Danny Clinch.  103 Minutes long, and was produced as a feature film shot in high-def.  It has been shown at some film festivals, and was on some HD channel not too long ago.  It was also on Sundance this past Monday the 26th, and may be shown again on Sundance at some unspecified time in the future.  I'll see if I can find out more.

I did find this, My Morning Jacket on TV: http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/sort.jhtml?type=artist&motvId=1191443&title=My%20Morning%20Jacket

SpacedCowboy

Ok......  The station is called HDnet...  It will be on July 5th at 12:15 AM.  MMJ is the very last performance in the movie, not sure if Jim and the boys are in it prior because there's lots of backstage interviews too.  I don't have this station, so somebody should get this.

tdan

Yes, pleeeeeease somebody get this for us.  I wouldn't mind seeing the entire thing.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Jocco

My first post ever.  

I stumbled onto that documentary last Thursday the 20th about 10 minutes in and was so happy to see the MMJ Bonnaroo footage at the end.  I immediately went onto www.livebonnaroo.com to dowload that set.... needless to say my Ipod never left my ears all weekend.  PWW is stupid good.  Probably will buy Bonnaroo '05 tonight.  

Dee.

SpacedCowboy

Reminder....  Bonnaroo movie on HDnet at 12:15 tonight

hopefully someone can record this.