Main Menu

Book #1

Started by LaurieBlue, Jun 28, 2006, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.rcreader.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11292&Itemid=48

The Penny-Ante press of Los Angeles has just released an artistic labor of love in the 300-page Book #1, peppered with alternative musicians dabbling in a collage of poetry, interviews, drawings, and photographs. With artwork by Devendra Banhart, Josephine Foster, Tarantula AD, Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu, and Don Bolles of The Germs, this outsider journal of creativity features short stories from Jim James of My Morning Jacket and Michael Cormier of The Volta Sound. Mysterious and full of a hundred "huh?" moments, this one's worth looking for.

Dee.

It's a fun book, worth checking out if you see it.  I posted Jim's story in here as a Word document if anyone's curious.

wholovesthesun

mannnn that story is trippy and cool.

thanks guys.
mmm...ber.

EC

Quote"nes ice hockey is the gateway to freedom and understanding.
the end of human sufferink."
that is really funny.

Dee.

Hehe, yep.  I know I LOLed when I read it.  :)

doEVILslittle

anyone have the NES ice hockey screenshot with "MY MORNING JACKET" written across it?

CC

doEVILslittle

grazie mile CC, my only question is, how was this done? cuz my assumption was photoshop until i noticed that it looks like someone took a picture of a tv screen

CC

it's indeed a tv screen photo from the actual my morning jacket ice hockey game, ferociously played during the making of z. there's a custom game genie code for the logo: JKWDIP

EC

Quoteit's indeed a tv screen photo from the actual my morning jacket ice hockey game, ferociously played during the making of z. there's a custom game genie code for the logo: JKWDIP

jkwdip - just kidding wolverine, die in pain.

be careful doeslittle...  sounds like a trick!!!!

doEVILslittle

jkwdip - just kidding wolverine, die in pain.

be careful doeslittle...  sounds like a trick!!!!

i'm too cool for game genie....too busy with my NES top-loader  :P

recently i've been playing the following three games non-stop between classes....while rockin out to MMJ of course:
TECMO SUPERBOWL
Bad News Baseball
NES Ice Hockey

corey

I've got to order one of those 72-pin connectors to stop my old NES from blinking. Shit, I've been meaning to do that for a year.