Jim in Rolling Stone #1004/1005

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Jul 07, 2006, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Page 30 of July 13-27 issue of RS has Jim elaborating on the group The Slip:

"I usually don't like bands when I see them live for the first time.  But this trio of Berklee College of Music dropouts blew my mind at the recent Mountain Jam in Hunter, New York.  At a show like that you expect to hear a dude wail over a blues scale for half an hour, but the Slip are creative and weird:  the drummer shakes it down with a hip-hop backbeat, the bassist plays a baritone guitar and the guitarist plays lots of crazy solos without losing the tight pop melody.  Most things that are widely accepted suck, but hopefully these guys will be semi-widely accepted--because its beautiful stuff."

Check them out--I think most of us here will catch onto them...maybe we'll seee them open for MMJ later this year?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

gimmedisco

Check them out--I think most of us here will catch onto them...maybe we'll seee them open for MMJ later this year?

maybe they already have?  boston.

Angry Ewok

For the record, My Morning Jacket was noted 3 additional times in the latest Rolling Stone.

8)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

MMJ_fanatic

maybe they already have?  boston.

No they played their set after the MMJ/Pops show.  I'm talkin' about gigs with The Slip Opening for MMJ...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.