Some Pitchfork Press

Started by primushead, Jul 12, 2006, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/37350/My_Morning_Jacket_Comes_Alive

Least shocking news of the week: My Morning Jacket will release a double live album and concert film. The space-jam Kentucky rockers, known for their marathon shows, will release Okonokos: Double Live Album September 26 on ATO/RCA. Following on October 31, the record's visual counterpart will make a satisfying plop into the pillowcases of trick-or-treaters everywhere. The Sam Erickson-directed movie, done in 5.1 surround sound, will also be screened in select cities this fall.

According to a press release, "Okonokos is a creative concept conceived by Jim James, and it is as much a question as it is an answer. It is an enigma wrapped around a riddle. Okonokos is whatever you want it to be." In that case, we'd like it to be a triple-scoop banana split sundae.

Okonokos: Double Live Album tracklist:

Disc One:

01 Wordless Chorus
02 It Beats 4 U
03 Gideon
04 One Big Holiday
05 I Will Sing You Songs
06 Lowdown
07 The Way That He Sings
08 What a Wonderful Man
09 Off the Record
10 Golden
11 Lay Low

Disc Two:

01 Dondante
02 Run Thru
03 At Dawn
04 Xmas Curtain
05 O Is the One That Is Real
06 Hell
07 Steam
08 Dancefloors
09 Anytime
10 Mahgeeta

sweatboard

I love how ever since Bonnnaroo they are known for thier "Marathon Shows"  
There's Still Time.........

BH

Until I started reading all these articles about something I know so much about, I never realized how full of shit these writers are.  It's unbeleivable.  It's all just regurgetation. (sp?)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

QuoteI love how ever since Bonnnaroo they are known for thier "Marathon Shows"  

I didn't notice that until now :)

primushead

QuoteUntil I started reading all these articles about something I know so much about, I never realized how full of shit these writers are.  It's unbeleivable.  It's all just regurgetation. (sp?)

Pitchfork blows.

sweatboard

I really enjoy the site and they do so many things very well. The writers just need to get over themselves sometimes.  See the review of the new Keane record for further proof.  Some of those guys seem to think if radiohead didn't do it, it MUST suck.  So many times they get caught up in how smart or cool they can make themselves sound and they don't seem to listen to or review the record with much of an open mind.  Let's just remember that Pitchfork gave the new Band Of Horses record a better score than any MMJ full length album ever recorded.  I realize their are different writters with different oppinions but the editor needs to catch something like that and say "is this really how we want to represent this site?  By scoring an MMJ characture (sp) higher than the real thing?"  I would have to say.........NO!!!!!!!!  
There's Still Time.........

ratsprayer

nicely said, brian.  i enjoy the site for it's material, but i don't care for the attitude of the writers.  some times, they're funny, but most of the time they're condescending and uppity.  

primushead

I feel like we've talked about this before...

What is this, the 4th pitchfork bashing thread? :)

doEVILslittle

ouch.....that band of horses record is damn good....there are definitely similarities but they still hold their own. but they do take the whole comparison thing a bit far. for example they gave the amazing album just put out by newcomers anathallo a 2.7 saying they sound way to much like sufjan stevens....which isn't much of a stretch, but a weak example for comparison. conveniently they gave the newest outtake record by sufjan a 7.2...coincidence? maybe....but not likely....just because they think someone is apeing sufjan, they give it a low score....fucking pompous bullshit

they all shat all over the new soundteam for no reason

wolof

lets not forget the new pearl jam record got a no higher than a 6 and for them that means its pretty bad.  

Seriously i read pitchfork becuase it has good updates but their reviews are the most pretentious self-righteous sounding reviews around. Gimme a break...they suck