Summer / Fall Theories ?

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jun 22, 2006, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

What do you think the band will be up to during this time?

i'm hoping for some european dates and then a fall headlining tour

tomEisenbraun

i would say you could get your hopes up for europe

[size=10]and while you're at it, buy tickets, too[/size]
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

Hopefully Europe gets their fix of the Jacket... I'm also hoping MMJ comes back to Birmingham, Alabama... Me and my buddy agreed to try and help sell out the venue, even if it means giving away tickets.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

I'm hoping for a Louisville show or two.  It'd be nice to see Jim solo, no offense to the boys.

lugnut

QuoteHopefully Europe gets their fix of the Jacket... I'm also hoping MMJ comes back to Birmingham, Alabama... Me and my buddy agreed to try and help sell out the venue, even if it means giving away tickets.

If they come back to Workplay (fingers crossed), you ought to be more worried about getting your own tickets--they'll sell that place out in a second.  

If it's Sloss again...let's just hope it's not Sloss...the MMJ sound didn't exactly benefit from the high-school-gym-without-walls acoustics.  

Too bad the Ham doesn't have another good mid-sized venue.  Caldwell Park maybe?

Jon T.

NJ2KY

I could go for a nice Mid-sized venue tour.  I don't like large venues, unless they are outdoors.  I saw them at the verizon center opening for PJ and while they were good i didn't enjoy the show simply do to the size and space of it, couldn't see them, couldn't feel them.  But when i saw them last year at the 9:30 Club they fucking rocked out, i'd kill for another show like that (their lighting guy was awsome).
the memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime.

corey

Here's my theory... it's gonna be hard to get tix to see them if they stay in smaller venues. I think they'd easily sell out City Hall in Nashville this time around. Considering the buzz surrounding the Bonnaroo performance, tickets are gonna be selling like crazy for their next tour here in the states.

Mr. T.

Ah, the joys of touring small clubs in Europe, for a little bunch of devotees! Great.

I hope we still get a full headlining tour. 45 minutes won't do as a MMJ-fix. Although my mom learned me not to be greedy, nor to be jealous of people who get to see the Jacket every year instead of once every three year.

;)
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

lugnut

QuoteThe Alabama Theater ??

I'd love to see it, but not sure if they can fill it up yet (my guess is 800+ but I haven't been in there in a while).

I'll go ahead and volunteer to offload tickets with Angry Ewok if it happens.

kellilou3

QuoteI think they'd easily sell out City Hall in Nashville this time around.

I'd love to see them at the Ryman and think that they could come close to filling it up.  However, I like being able to get right up on the stage, like at City Hall, since I'm short.  I just want to see them this summer or fall...don't care where it is!  I've never seen them before. *hangs head in sadness*

dragonboy

Club Quattro, Nagoya, Japan. You know it's due  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ChiefOKONO

yeah they totally need to take over JAPAN!  have they even played there before??? anyone know???

dragonboy

Thanks Chief! Only 2 festivals, once in 03 & again last year.
I live in hope of a full tour  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Angry Ewok

If MMJ were to play at Sloss Furnace again, I wouldn't be too disapointed... but I agree that Alabama needs a better spot...

Despite looking awesome, Sloss can't carry a tune for shit - but atmosphere is half of it, to me... they'd probably sell it out, for sure, so long as the advertising wasn't nonexistant (like it was last year).

Alabama Theatre may be too snuffy for MMJ... it's sitting room only, isn't it? I was there two months ago and BB King couldn't even sell that place out. So far I've never had a seat during a Jacket show, so I'd feel out of place if I were assigned to a chair and couldn't bounce around a little bit.

How about the Hoover Met Stadium? I saw Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan play there, and it was actually a pretty kickass place for a concert... I'm sure the band would be amused to play for a couple hours in left field. We could toss whiffle balls onto the stage or something.  :P

BTW... I'd love it if MMJ played in Atlanta (Roxy?), then in Birmingham (Hoover?), and then perhaps Nashville... 3 nights, 3 states, I'd probably hit 'em all.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ColdCold_Lightning

Hello guys and gals.  I have been reading posts on this forum for about a year now, but this is my first post.  I live in Alabama also and I missed the show at Sloss last year.  However my wife and I did see our first Jacket show at the Roxy in Atlanta in October '05.  It would be nice if Birmingham had some better venues, although Workplay is pretty cool.  

Based on the updated tour info on the website it looks like Jim and the boys will be pretty busy throughout the rest of the summer.  But if they come back to the Southeast this year I hope they play at the Tabernacle in Atlanta.  It is an old church that has been converted into a music hall.  The acoustics in that place are unbelievable.  I saw the Kings of Leon there last year and could not hear for about three days.   I am sure the MMJ would blow the roof off of the place.

I'm with you Angry Ewok, if they played B'ham, Atlanta, and Nashville I would be at all three.  That would be the ultimate trifecta.

corey

Welcome!

But I'm gonna have to disagree with the statement about the Tabernacle. While it would be a neat experience in that setting, the sound wouldn't be all that great. The acoustics in that place don't translate well for loud bands.

Never seen a show at Workplay, but I've been in there. That would be interesting. I've heard that it sounds nice in there.

ColdCold_Lightning

Thanks corey.

So you think the Tabernacle would be more suitable for a Acoustic Citsuoca-type show.  I definitely would not mind seeing an acoustic show there.  We saw the Kings of Leon there and they play very loud and our whole group thought it sounded great.  Of course that was after the consumption of numerous adult beverages plus there was a couple sitting in front of us that fired up some chronic during the opening band's performance   ;D

corey

QuoteSo you think the Tabernacle would be more suitable for a Acoustic Citsuoca-type show.
Bingo!  :)

QuoteOf course that was after the consumption of numerous adult beverages
So you're admitting that you were in no condition to be a judge of the sound...  :)
It's definitely cool to SEE a band there, but not to HEAR a band. :)

cmccubbin25

so what are the new theories for July, late Fall, & Winter? (since they will be in Europe in August and September)
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.