Live CD / DVD release dates!!!

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jul 07, 2006, 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

in case anyone missed it:

The double-disc CD is due Sept. 26, while the DVD will arrive Oct. 31.

WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

dragonboy

There's some good news right there!
Man, I can't wait. Cheers Chief  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

Anybody have info on which songs will be on the CD. THis should be a killer disc for all MMJ fans.  Live Jacket, there is no substitute!!!
I will be there when you die!

October

anybody point out where this is officially posted?

and CC, is there a list of songs that will appear on the live album yet?

aMD

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002801237

EDIT: For some reason I can't get the hyperlink to work so you'll have to copy the address and paste it in your browser.

REEDIT: That doesn't work either follow try this link:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1152299216

This thread has a lonk that works to the Billboard.com article you requested.

CC

no, no tracklist known yet.

ps. fixed the link

pingybrown

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1535798/20060707/duff_hilary.jhtml?headlines=true

On September 26, My Morning Jacket will release Okonokos: Double Live Album, which, as the title implies, is an expansive two-disc documentation of their kinetic and frenetic live show. But that's not all. The following month, MMJ will drop the "Okonokos" live DVD, filmed at an "undisclosed" stop on the band's 2005 tour in support of their Z album and featuring "a cast of characters draped in Victorian-era costume, along with one alpaca [a.k.a. a llama]." Awesome. If you think the whole thing sounds a bit high-concept, you're right. According to a spokesperson for My Morning Jacket, it all sprung from the fertile imagination of frontman Jim James, who envisions the project "as much as a question as it is an answer. It is an enigma wrapped around a riddle." Double awesome.

http://altpress.com/news/988.htm

MY MORNING JACKET ANNOUNCE LIVE DOUBLE CD/DVD
Posted by Scott Heisel on 07-Jul-06 @ 04:48 PM

Southern-rock revivalists My Morning Jacket have revealed details on their forthcoming double-live album and accompanying concert film, Okonokos. According to a press release, the double CD "begins with 'Wordless Chorus,' one of the Jacket's captivating traditional introductions. A glacially expansive 'One Big Holiday' grips you, throws you into a trance-inspiring guitar riff frenzy, quiets down, and leads you through another transcendent moment. The collection continues to mesmerize through the second disc, and closes with a spirited 'Mahgeeta.'" The double-disc, mixed by Michael Brauer (Bob Dylan, Coldplay) and mastered by Bob Ludwig, will be in stores Sept. 26 on ATO/RCA.

The DVD counterpart "captures the band's heavenly set, preserving their modern classics while simultaneously allowing the viewer to enter their bewitching world," the press release continues. "With the aid of the trailblazing lighting designer Marc Brickman, applauded for his work with Pink Floyd, they were able to add a phosphorous glow to the already celestial environment they created. This concert film, done in 5.1 surround sound, will be screened in select cities this fall." Okonokos DVD will be released Oct. 31.

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ChiefOKONO

thanks for those little articles.. this will be one SWEEEEET release!

primushead

It'll be a great fall for sure...

I haven't been hyped for a live album in quite a while.  These two in addition to the re-release of u2's zoo tv in sydney on DVD around the same time should keep me well occupied.

Down_In_Louisville

Sweet!  I heard this was the show filmed at the Filmore.  Is that right, or am I guessing here?

ChiefOKONO

you're right about that!!

QuoteSweet!  I heard this was the show filmed at the Filmore.  Is that right, or am I guessing here?

ChiefOKONO

saw this in the music section:

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/07/1006.cfm

MMJ are releasing a live album and DVD this fall. The two-CD Okonokos will come out on September 26, while the DVD will hit stores on October 31 and will also be screened at select U.S movie theatres.

Here are the tracks on Okonokos:

Disc one:

"Wordless Chorus"  
"It Beats 4 U"  
"Gideon"  
"One Big Holiday"  
"I Will Sing You Songs"  
"Lowdown"  
"The Way That He Sings"  
"What A Wonderful Man"  
"Off The Record"  
"Golden"  
"Law Low"

Disc two:

"Dondante"  
"Run Thru"  
"At Dawn"  
"Xmas Curtain"  
"O Is The One That Is Real"  
"Hell"  
"Steam"  
"Dancefloors"  
"Anytime"  
"Mahgeeta"

Down_In_Louisville

Awesome... thanks for the info  

spoonman0002

anyone know if it will be released on vinyl....that would be a nice treat

Sleazy Rider

Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

BH

I found this blog.  I am starting to get confused?  The Fillmore, Tokyo, un-named mystery spot.  WTF is going on?

I am wondering if they decided to add more footage from somewhere else (Bonnaroo perhaps?) because if I remember right, originally the news had these things being released at the same time.  The additional month may be a good thing?  Or just normal delays?  Well somebody is doing there job right because my interest couldn't possible get any higher on this DVD.

Oh and one more thing, I was listening to Toronto '04 again the other day and realized that after years of being thrilled by bootleg live shows, we are only days away from a true high quality recording of a live fucking MMJ show!  How sweet is that!

Okonokos... isn't that a Beach Boys song?
My Morning Jacket has announced that its next release will be a two-CD, one-DVD live set called Okonokos. The press release from the folks at Girlie Action is a bit hyperbolic. This isn't just a live album, it's something that will become "their quintessential body of work, gathering"their most dynamic, otherworldly compositions to date."

Silly me, I thought it sounded like something new, as if the band decided to create some sort of two-hour improvisational jam fest and record it. Then I saw the song titles: "Wordless Chorus," "One Big Holiday" and "Mahgeeta." So, it's a double live album. With a to-be-released-later DVD.

Don't get me wrong; few bands deserve a live album more than MMJ -- and I'm excited at hearing "a glacially expansive" "One Big Holiday" -- but that moment of hoping that the band was actually going to do something different left me disappointed with reality.

The DVD does sound a bit left of center: "Inspired by a fairytale-like performance in Tokyo, the band decided to adorn their mysterious set with qualities akin to an old growth forest, capturing the essence of a timeless, nameless, anonymous place. The theme of straddling the line between the surreal and the actual is introduced at the film's prologue when a cast of characters draped in Victorian-era costume, along with one alpaca, are introduced. And so emerges a truly authentic live compendium."

Oh, I get it. So this is their The Song Remains the Same. Gotcha. The CD drops Sept. 26; the DVD on Oct. 31.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pingybrown

Speaking of blogs, I found Okonokos on a blog on Thursday. I went on a road trip this weekend to Vermont and then ended in Florence, MA on Sunday to see Wilco. My computer at home is not working, so I had my friend in Vermont download the album. My ride to Wilco and then back home to Rhode Island was indeed awesome. I listened to it only once and I would have to say that this version of "Dondante" is my favorite.

The overall sound quality is very crisp and clean. The performance quality is A+. All MMJ fans will be extremely pleased. Second time listening to it is NOW at work.

I just went and checked the blog and the links have been disabled. I will buy this album too of course.

NHgroove

omg...I will now have to wait unpatiently until this happens.
God bless the jacket...
devils and demons are comin....lovers and children beware!!!

MyLifeISought

Okonokos now up for pre-order on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GRUSRM/ref=sr_11_1/002-2971732-9227218?ie=UTF8
I'm waiting for the official pre-order--i want me some goodies/bonus tracks/something!
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco