Bonnaroo Artist Announcement Feb. 14

Started by The_DARK, Feb 09, 2007, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

I was at the Roo last year and they were unbelievable, I've seen them a bunch dating back to 2001 or 2002, and by far that Bonnaroo show was a crowning achievement.  I would love to see them go again this year.  Maybe even a super jam with Ween and MMJ, hell yeah!!!

cmccubbin@work

http://media.www.tuftsdaily.com/media/storage/paper856/news/2007/02/20/Arts/Mikey.Goralnik.Paint.The.Town.Brown-2730189.shtml

Mikey Goralnik | Paint the Town Brown
June 14-17, 2007: Bonnaroo
Mikey Goralnik

"...As far as I'm concerned, bands that play loud power chords and catchy hooks are the optimal kind of music to see at a festival. Hip-hop acts and solo artists tend to be consumed by the huge stage, and the sonically rich sounds of arty bands never seem to fare well outside. In Franz Ferdinand, The White Stripes, Spoon, The National and The Hold Steady, Bonnaroo has culled together five of the best, purest, guitar-heavy rawk bands making music today. When My Morning Jacket eventually signs on for the festival, Bonnaroo will feature at least six of the most festival-ready bands around. Boo-yah Coachella."
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

LaurieBlue

http://www.myspace.com/bonnaroo

Friday, February 23, 2007

:: GOLDEN TICKETS! ::

For the 1st time, everyone will be clamoring for the chance to
purchase Bonnaroo tickets for their group of friends. Why? Not just because they can use the cash payback and credit card miles, but because of the Golden Tickets!

Buy your tickets for Bonnaroo 2007 within the first 48 hours after they go on sale and you will be automatically entered for a chance to receive one of the special Golden Tickets! Three Golden Tickets will be mailed out and the lucky recipients will receive:

- A Lifetime Pass to Bonnaroo
- Access to Backstage "Guest" Areas and Camping
- Ultimate Coleman Camping Set-up*
- Merch Package

*Coleman Camping Set-up includes:
6-8 person tent
50 QT Wheeled Xtreme(r) Cooler
5469 Propane Stove
NorthStar(r) Lantern
Queen QuickBed(r) Airbed w/4D Pump
(2) Diamondback(tm) 30 Sleeping Bags
(2) Cooler Quad Chairs

No purchase necessary. For Contest Rules, please go to http://bonnaroo.com/golden-ticket-rules

::: Tickets On-Sale Today (2/23) at Noon EST!:::

To Purchase Tickets, Go to http://www.bonnarootickets.com

The first tickets will be priced at a special rate of $184.50 each. There is a limited allotment of tickets at this price. When the first allotment is sold out, ticket prices will increase without notice to $199.50 and then again without notice to $214.50.

* All tickets are 4-day weekend passes, which include camping and parking (except for RVs, and other oversized vehicles, which will require an additional pass, see below).

* Prices do not include service and shipping charges.

* Service charges are $21.85 PER TICKET. This includes a $3 fee for Coffee County, $6 Facility Fee, and $1 for charity.

* You will be offered two shipping options: UPS 2nd Day Air- No Signature Required for $10.00 per order OR UPS Second-Day Air Signature Required for $12.00. Shipping costs for International Orders vary based on the country to which the order is being shipped.

There is a limit of 10 tickets per order.

IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS WILL BE SHIPPED ON Wednesday, May 30, 2007. PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR TICKETS SHIPPED TO AN ADDRESS WHERE YOU OR YOUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE WILL BE IN EARLY JUNE.

Guard your tickets carefully - just like cash! There will be ABSOLUTELY NO REISSUES for lost or stolen tickets! These tickets are like your children, except they won't ask you to put them through college. Please visit the website regularly for updated information about 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Please visit your dentist regularly for updated information about your incisors.

The ticket will be a specially designed souvenir ticket, unique to the 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Incidentally, your ticket will also make you more popular with the opposite sex and appear seven years younger. You will be notified via email as to precisely when the tickets will be shipped.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL. The 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will take place RAIN OR SHINE. All acts advertised have confirmed their appearance at the 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival; however, acts are subject to change without notice.

TheBigChicken

QuoteAm I the only one who thinks the White Stripes suck live? I've seen a number of televised performances, and I would never pay to see them. Them and Modest Mouse are just sloppy as hell live. I love both of them, but damn... pull it together.
along with a few others...The Kings of Leon were just plain PITIFUL live when me and my brother saw them...actually left half way through....
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

megisnotreal

Quote[url]
Friday, February 23, 2007
Not just because they can use the cash payback and credit card miles

Ha.

When I think about going to festivals, I think about hanging out with people who couldn't care less about credit card miles...

:-?