Two Tone Tommy

Started by Catterwaul, Nov 26, 2003, 10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catterwaul

How did Two Tone Tommy get his name? Is he a big bluebeat/ska fan? Sometimes his bass playing sounds very ska..

-- Catt

Oz

I always thought it was a bit of a joke about how bass players are really poor guitar players that can only play two or three notes... you know, the minimalism of bass playing. And indeed, Tommy's bass playing is not a free-jazz slamming adventure, but straight, effective and ultra-cool. Anyway, it's a funny name.  :)
I'm ready when you are

my_evening_jacket

I always assumed that he was a big fan of Tommy Twotone

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

867-5309
shake some action

peanut butter puddin surprise

Jenny Jenny, who can I turn to?

i thought that was spelled "tu tone tommy" instead?

me wonders what the legend is... :o
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

danilove

Dude-
I just saw the pic of Tommy on the cover of the "Run Thru" single...Those are some intense bedroom eyes. ::)

Love.
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

dwight

DEAD SEX EY!

(I think those are... "I'm tired.. we've played 260 gigs in one year... get that camera out of my face..o fuck it ..night night"  eyse"

leezer

well tom i hope you will read this, let me know when you will be in louisville and maybe we can go out and have some drinks, i really don't have a clue on how to get a gold of you, so i am hoping this is the best way, you can e-mail me at mrleez0@hotmail.com and let me know when you will be in town, anyway take care and tell everybody else i said hello
                 , leezer

my_evening_jacket

Quotewell tom i hope you will read this, let me know when you will be in louisville and maybe we can go out and have some drinks, i really don't have a clue on how to get a gold of you, so i am hoping this is the best way, you can e-mail me at mrleez0@hotmail.com and let me know when you will be in town, anyway take care and tell everybody else i said hello
                , leezer

hey leezer,

you can email him at twotonetommy@mymorningjacket.com

he has answered my email when I used that address.
shake some action

leezer

thanks i appreciate the info

pwk

i think it has something to do with Tribe.