My Morning Jacket!!!!

Started by sweatboard, Jan 03, 2007, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confuseddonkey

kinda sorry to repost this, but maybe it got a little lost in the shuffle in the 'How did yall stumble ....?' thread

figured if theres an answer to my query, its probably somwhere on this forum

QuoteI first heard MMJ when I worked at a restaurant and the chef played the Tennessee Fire CD a bunch in the kitchen. I liked the sound a  lot. A few months later, on my birthday (November 10th, 2000) my girlfriend and I heard that MMJ was playing at the Rudyard Kipling, here in town. And we both liked live music, so we dropped by. I have been playing/attending all sorts of shows since I was 12 years old.....I was not ready for the pure, intense soul of the performance I took in.
After that show, it was like peanut butter meeting jelly for the first time.
So much has happened in the 6 years since then, and so many events and feelings I've experienced have ,in one way or another, correlated with a show I attended or an MMJ song I've heard.
The lovely girl  that I attended that first MMJ show with died in a car crash 2 years ago. It almost destroyed me.
MMJ and the memories were some a the few things that helped me survive.
I am as much grateful as I am a fan.
RIP Tabitha

...on a sidenote, if anyone has pics from that show at the Rud, there was a thin, young, short-haired girl wearing jeans and a purple T-shirt witha white Playboy bunny logo.
I saw a pic of her from that show a few years ago, but not since.
If anyone has pics, shoot me a PM.

thx

please and thanks
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

ManNamedTruth

I hope they don't get that big. I like them being our own secret.

Way, way too late 4 that, true.
No its not, they're still playing clubs (nothing wrong with that, i like small shows). And most people are not familiar with them around here. Yes their getting recognition from critics and rolling stone and whatnot but that doesn't translate into mainstream success. I wish them to get the most out of what they do and they can maintain a cult type following and still be extremely successful.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MMJ_fanatic

Damn, it sure is good to be a Jacket fan.  :)

Geto Boys from Office Space? ;)

Yes!  By God, it is long overdue that these boys get their well desrved due!  Long live MMJ and God Bless the fans!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

InTheZone

they are the greatest band ever!  I'm always trying to get people to listen to them, not because they need more sales or more publicity but because I feel like if I can turn someone on to MMJ its the greatest gift I could ever give them.  thank you MMJ!  8-)
god bless the usa

.Walt

Damn, it sure is good to be a Jacket fan.  :)

it does....it really does!  ;D
Much Greater Than Science Fiction