My Morning Jacket!!!!

Started by sweatboard, Jan 03, 2007, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Watch A Band Become Famous For The Right Reasons.

Does anyone else feel like this band has really turned the corner as far as its concrete now that they will never have to work another job in their lifetimes?  Congratulations guys you FUCKING DID IT and you didn't budge one inch.  BRAVO!!!!  Just PLEASE, wear pink space suits in a cloud of silver glitter on the cover of Rolling Stone!  I'll shoot it.

Thanks,

Brian
There's Still Time.........

JacketGal

Yes, I think i understand exactly what you mean - the right reasons, absolutely. I am suddenly filled with this awe and I also feel so proud of them! I hope you get that photo shoot and they wear the pink suits!

Huge Cheers to the Jacket and their continued success. I hope they always get to create such amazing music.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Kory

Fuckin' A! The Jacket deserves everything they get, they've worked so hard for it!''

We love the Jacket!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteFuckin' A! The Jacket deserves everything they get, they've worked so hard for it!''

We love the Jacket!

I've been feeling that way lately. I honestly tear up sometimes just thinking about them! :-? I do though. Of course, there is also a huge fucking smile on my face at the same time. Damn, it sure is good to be a Jacket fan.  :)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

confuseddonkey

QuoteFuckin' A! The Jacket deserves everything they get, they've worked so hard for it!''

We love the Jacket!
so true

my birthday, at the Rudyard Kipling 6 years ago was the first time I saw em live
MAYBE 150 ppl in the club

its only gotten better since then
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

This is the way it should be.  These guys are a testament to how rock and roll bands should be made.  Hard ass work with your own vision for your future.  Art as rock and roll doesn't happen anyother way.  THese guys deserve more acclaim and success than anybody out there right now.  It disgusts me when other bands shortcut their way to the top.    

I have hope that these guys will be as big as DMB, Phish, Pearl Jam etc.  I am glad I was there for the first leg of their highway to stardom!!!!

MMJ forever!!
I will be there when you die!

mmj37

Amen! One of the only bands out there that stay true to themselves.

A_delle

QuoteDamn, it sure is good to be a Jacket fan.  :)

A-MEN! (and, as a rule,  I don't pray...)

ROck, ON!
A_delle
-i got a fever,
and the only prescription
is more cowbell!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteThis is the way it should be.  These guys are a testament to how rock and roll bands should be made.  Hard ass work with your own vision for your future.  Art as rock and roll doesn't happen anyother way.  THese guys deserve more acclaim and success than anybody out there right now.  It disgusts me when other bands shortcut their way to the top.    

I have hope that these guys will be as big as DMB, Phish, Pearl Jam etc.  I am glad I was there for the first leg of their highway to stardom!!!!

MMJ forever!!

I hope they don't get that big. I like them being our own secret.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

:'(

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I just got teary eyed reading this.  I remember the Bonnaroo show this year and just kind of being in the moment but also seeing through it.  It was an awesome concert but it was an even better triumph.

aMD

Great thread!

It seems a lot of us have been waiting for this for years knowing that the boys deserve it.  I think I've been waiting for a moment when I could say, ok, now they've made it.  But it's been a slow rising and now that I can step back for a moment and look at it, they really have "made it".  

Since 1999 I knew it would happen.  I didn't realize it would be on their own terms and would unfold much like a Masterplan.  It's been a real pleassure watching the band's dreams come real every step of the way!  Bravo and congratulations, boys, you deserve it!

Klarify

Yes, new report coming in, it's official that My Morning Jacket IS in fact a BAND.  :D

ChiefOKONO

Cheers to the Jacket and the journey that they are taking us all on!!!

appleyjax

QuoteThis is the way it should be.  These guys are a testament to how rock and roll bands should be made.  Hard ass work with your own vision for your future.  Art as rock and roll doesn't happen anyother way.  THese guys deserve more acclaim and success than anybody out there right now.  It disgusts me when other bands shortcut their way to the top.    

MMJ forever!!

I used to think that too. But I get fustrated if someone doesn't know who they are. Or I just feel sorry for them because they don't know what they're missing!

sweatboard

Exactly, you want to scream thier name so loud everyone can hear it, but you still don't want them to like it JUST because everyone is screaming it.  It's a fine line.

ycartrob

As far a southern fried jam bands go, where you're just waiting for Free Bird to break out from the bourbon soaked rock, they're ok...I guess.

primushead

QuoteAs far a southern fried jam bands go, where you're just waiting for Free Bird to break out from the bourbon soaked rock, they're ok...I guess.

HAH! ;D

megisnotreal

sorry, true, but i couldn't keep the secret.

i kinda...

told...

everyone i know.

:-[

fitzcarraldo

At first hearing At Dawn, a few months b4 It Still Moves came out and then hearing It Still Moves I knew MMJ was destined for the big time. Well me, and quite a few thousand music fans!  MMJ RULE! :)

fitzcarraldo

Way, way too late 4 that, true.