How should I get a fan to join the forum?

Started by The_DARK, Mar 21, 2007, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I've got a friend who's really into MMJ and likes the internet, but doesn't post on any forums. How should I convince her to join this one? Better yet, how should I explain it to her?
In another time, in another place, in another face

MMJ_fanatic

place the gun to her temple and order:  "Log in!"
Always works for me... ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Willard1979

It shouldn't be difficult!  Once she joins, she'll be among some of the coolest, most generous people on the internet!  Then she'll have to kiss your feet!  :)

ycartrob

Let her know that this guy posts here and I bet she'll be here 24/7 trying to get the Bri-Vibe

Jaimoe

I find the Off Topic and Other Music sections the best, so sell that element to her.

brkndwnbus

I had trouble signing up, too. I think because most bands' fan forums are not too nice to people who join when the band is on the verge of breaking big or is big. I remember joining the Saddle-Creek board in like 2001 and over there all anyone does is put everyone down for their musical preferences and get mad about people joining since bright eyes and the faint are so big and other stupid stuff.

But, after stalking this board for a couple years... I determined MMJ fans on the internet are not indie/music elitist...Tell your friend to sign on up!

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI had trouble signing up, too. I think because most bands' fan forums are not too nice to people who join when the band is on the verge of breaking big or is big. I remember joining the Saddle-Creek board in like 2001 and over there all anyone does is put everyone down for their musical preferences and get mad about people joining since bright eyes and the faint are so big and other stupid stuff.

But, after stalking this board for a couple years... I determined MMJ fans on the internet are not indie/music elitist...Tell your friend to sign on up!

The Saddle-Creek forum sucks.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

brkndwnbus

The Saddle-Creek forum sucks.[/quote]

You're not kidding. Worst forum ever on the internet. Actually, any Bright Eyes forum is completely horrible. The only band's forum I use from saddle-creek is Cursive's own web page forum. Most of the snobs from saddle-creek's are not there.

kyjed48

I'm pretty new to this forum, but I've got to say, these are some of the most pleasant and kind people I've yet to experience online.  I'd really like to get more involved.  A common love for one of the absolute best bands to ever grace our planet is a great thing to share!
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

The DARK

The Saddle-Creek forum sucks.

You're not kidding. Worst forum ever on the internet. Actually, any Bright Eyes forum is completely horrible. The only band's forum I use from saddle-creek is Cursive's own web page forum. Most of the snobs from saddle-creek's are not there.
Good. She likes Bright Eyes. I can get her in that way...
In another time, in another place, in another face

MMJ_fanatic

This has got my vote as possibly the nicest post of the forum.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

brkndwnbus

Thank you!

MarkW

Seconded.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side