What is the band doing this summer?

Started by mahgeetah, May 21, 2007, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

mjkoehler

i can confirm but not provide a whole lot more info.

Excuse me while I go change my shorts from excitment.....

Release maybe later this year?

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.  The boys have always taken their time releasing their albums.  They're not done recording yet, and when they are it will take at LEAST 6 months to hit the streets (if history has taught us anything). personally, i'm hoping we have it before the end of 08, but that's what waiting around on jacket releases will do to you.

Good point. I'd rather wait and have a spectacular album, then have them rush and put out something that they are not happy.

bug

If the White Stripes can record an album in 2 or 3 weeks why can't MMJ?  OMG!!!  They should work with Jack White!   :D  I just gave myself a heart attack, how awesome would that be?
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

ManNamedTruth

QuoteIf the White Stripes can record an album in 2 or 3 weeks why can't MMJ?  OMG!!!  They should work with Jack White!   :D  I just gave myself a heart attack, how awesome would that be?
I guess every band is different. Sometimes being quick and spontanious is good, but maybe it doesn't work for everyone.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Angry Ewok

All I can think to say about the White Stripes and MMJ Collaboration is "No Thanks"...
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

QuoteAll I can think to say about the White Stripes and MMJ Collaboration is "No Thanks"...

ditto.

jim is a bit meticulous with the recording process, especially when he was producing too.  Just a little patience...  (ew, how about an axel rose collab? ;))

bug

aw come on you guys, let me have my fun while I'm waiting.
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

corey

They just said that an MMJ/White Stripes collab is not for them. They didn't say that you couldn't pretend.  :)

I'd say "no thanks" as well.  :)

I dig the Stripes and all, but I don't think it'd work.

mjkoehler

collab probably wouldn't work, but maaaaybe a guitar duel ala this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idb2dUtTpuU

liverustdave

QuoteMy man at Badman Records was in my store last week and confirmed to a co-worker that MMJ is currently in Colorado working on a new album..... :)

Anybody know where in Colorado?  My first post on this site as a long time fan....just moved to Denver recently and will be seeing them at Red Rocks and even driving to Telluride...from I've heard the Town Park will be a great venue....

Sherpa

Id like to think that they are recording in some mythical spot tucked way back in the mountains. Im interested to see what comes out of this whole thing.

rob

Maybe at Caribou studios??? Is that even still around?
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

rob

QuoteMaybe at Caribou studios??? Is that even still around?

Nevermind....just found out the Caribou Ranch studio burnt down in 1985.  ;D
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

aMD

QuoteMaybe at Caribou studios??? Is that even still around?

Nevermind....just found out the Caribou Ranch studio burnt down in 1985.  ;D

sounds perfect!

DaFunkyPrecedent

I just talked to a friend who was helping with the sound for MMJ this summer in CO.  They were there for like a month or something and said they were living in like a geodessic dome or some shit, practicing mostly and figuring out new songs.  I know this is old news, but it was an insider scoop, so i thought it made it kinda cool.  He also said that they were recording their secessions so they could be released on the album or B sides, with a live feel to them.  Anywho, just confirms from what he said and the way he talked about them, that they are infact the hardest working band in R&R.  

Maybe well get a nice little EP from all their time in the studio over the last year...
God damn those shaky knees.

bridget

very cool!  thanks for the first hand account!

ManNamedTruth

a new ep would be great way to hold us over til the new album
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ms. yvon

that "no shows scheduled at this time" banner on the front page of the website is hurting me a little.

listened to the "dancing in the moonlight-->johnny b. goode" from athens night 2 today.  man oh man.

ps.  CORNHOLE!

dylan, gonna have to get the goal specs from you so i can build one and work on my form before next summer!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."