What is the band doing this summer?

Started by mahgeetah, May 21, 2007, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahgeetah

So... any speculation as to exactly what the band is doing this summer since they're not touring?  Recording a new album?

cmccubbin@work

partying with me and letting me screen their demos for the upcoming album.

its going pretty well...we've been drinking lots of bourbon and high life.  the songs are coming along nicely as well...

;)
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

aMD

they're writing and recording new material, fo sho.

they're also playing lollapoolza, opening for bob dylan, and jim is playing a handful of benefit shows and guest appearance with other artists.

ali

they may be not touring the US... but they're secretly coming to melbourne & playing a secret gig in my backyard... gig fully catered by our great bbq and my flatmate's great raspberry friands

;D

ah if only.. :'(
love a song for the way it makes you feel

MickeyReds

I heard they were painting Jims house.
As long as you keep a straight face...

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

The DARK

Have we ever taken a question on this forum seriously?  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

I am being serious.  Corndogs, bourbon, and hot browns are Louisville favorites.  Who's to say the band isn't indulging in a few libations and relaxations whilst they're off the road?  ;)

red

Hot browns?  Please elaborate, it looks...well, interesting.  :-?

The DARK

I am being serious.  Corndogs, bourbon, and hot browns are Louisville favorites.  Who's to say the band isn't indulging in a few libations and relaxations whilst they're off the road?  ;)

I meant something less obvious.  ;) ;) ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

QuoteHot browns?  Please elaborate, it looks...well, interesting.  :-?

The Hot Brown (replete with seriously unfortunate title) is a Louisville all time favorite.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_brown

If you get here, ya gotta have one.  :)

cmccubbin@work

hot browns were invented in Louisville at the Brown Hotel (get it...Hot "Brown").

it is VERY tasty.  it consists of a piece of bread (preferably very thick!), piled with turkey, creamy cheese sauce, bacon, and then melted cheese all over.

some put a tomato on it, but i just consider those people Communists.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

I meant something less obvious.  ;) ;) ;)

Gotcha.  :)

.Walt

hot browns were invented in Louisville at the Brown Hotel (get it...Hot "Brown").

it is VERY tasty.  it consists of a piece of bread (preferably very thick!), piled with turkey, creamy cheese sauce, bacon, and then melted cheese all over.

some put a tomato on it, but i just consider those people Communists.

i'm going to try some hot browns. that looks and sounds good!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ManNamedTruth

I want a hot brown! My mouth is watering.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

cmccubbin@work

QuoteI want a hot brown! My mouth is watering.

they are easy to make!

mjkoehler

Holy Crap that sounds really good. That will wake you up in the morning.

Or they could be indulging in the St Louis Tradition, the Slinger. 2 Eggs, Hash Browns (greasy of course), a hamburger patty or 2, and smother dat sumbitch in some chili, cheese and raw onions. jesus I'm lightheaded from the rush of cholesteral thinking about eating this. Man does it go down good about 2 or 3 AM.

mahgeetah

not the dialogue I had in mind...but I'm hungry now.

red

Quotenot the dialogue I had in mind...but I'm hungry now.
You've created a monster!  A delicious sounding one.

nkdgunner

seeing we're on the subject of food, did anyone celebrate National Corn Dog Day on March 17th of this year? If not, put it on your calendars next year.......your arteries will thank you later.