The Simpsons

Started by johnconaway, Jul 24, 2003, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quickie Poll:  How many of you out there are fans of this classic cartoon?  

After being accused of being a complete and utter Simpsons nerd by my son, I am trying to find out if I truly am alone in this regard...thoughts anyone?  Or am I to believe that my insertion of various Simpson's voices into normal conversation is just nerdy?

as Marge would say:
I will not reside in a house of evil just to save a few bucks...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

plank10

um yeah
I watch the show contstantly and I have well over 100 simpsons action figures and other stuff.

igor

i'm a big fan myself, probably not to the extent as you all are, but i love the show nonetheless. season 3 coming out soon, hehehe.

hipkink

Isn't everyone a Simpson's "nerd?" It's only one of the most intelligent, thought-provoking television shows in history! Count me in!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

wordawg

Me too. And any similarities between the Comic Book Store Guy and myself are purely co-incidental.
(allegedly)
the future is Ginger

Chris Hammond

Ok, first of all I didn't accuse you of being a simpsons nerd, persay....

I just said you are a little bit of a fanatic, I mean I watch and love the show....but you kinda....know alot!! about trivial simpsons factoids...

But yeah, the simpsons rock..and sorry if I hurt your feelings dad!

j/k

Oh come on, you know I've got thicker skin than that...it's all good, no worries!

When we play the Simpson's trivia game, we'll just see how deep my obsession goes.  

Excellent!

plank10

The simpsons trivia game is rockin. I've got a Matt Groening Lithograph of that picture with all the characters on it that comes with the game.

lfish

The simpsons are cool, they rock, they're funny.

One of the most funniest things in an episode is a scene where a bowl of thumbleweet is passing by, symbolizing dullness and stupidity. I love it so much.
lfish

Oz

I don't watch it that often, but when I do, I always think it's the most bizarre, controversial, damn' funniest cartoon series I have ever seen in my life. So yes, I should perhaps watch it more often...  :)
I'm ready when you are

Here in Louisville, it comes on at 7 p.m. every day of the week, except Sunday when it's on at 8.

I think it's like church;  all the world stops for 30 minutes while my synapes get their daily workout of bizarre and culturally relevant humor.

So yes, I highly recommend it to ya O-you should watch it more often!  ;)

Oh, and when are our boys going to do a guest spot on The Simpsons??  Wouldn't that be fuckin' cool!

CC

Oh, and when are our boys going to do a guest spot on The Simpsons??  Wouldn't that be fuckin' cool!

ahhh, the image of them appearing on the simpsons popped in my mind the other day! ha

or

family guy

how bout that

jezebel

As long as there are no guest spots on "friends..."  :P

I'm looking forward to the first time they perform on Saturday Night Live. of course, the real achievement will be the first time they're parodied on SNL...can't you just see jimmy fallon and amy poehler putting leftover chewbacca costumery on their heads and mock-rocking to "one big holiday"?

wow, what a picture!  maybe dave grohl can be dressed up like Tommy Two Tone...(scratches chin thoughtfully)

Oz

Dress up? How do you mean?  ;)
I'm ready when you are

Flannel shirt, Jimmy Page hair...let's face it, Dave's got pretty hair but not nearly as rawkin' as Tommy's...

;D

Oz

Is ANYONE as rawkin' as Two-Tone Tommy?
I'm ready when you are

dmooney99

marathon on FXX starting today until Labor Day!  :thumbsup:  :smiley:

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: CC Baxter on Jul 28, 2003, 01:43 PM

ahhh, the image of them appearing on the simpsons popped in my mind the other day! ha

or

family guy

how bout that

So close, almost psychic there CC! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

ffghtrs

Dude what an old thread!  What ever happened to Peanutpuddingsurprise?
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?