Being a Fan Is...

Started by The_DARK, Jun 05, 2007, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

...wearing a t-shirt with "Z" cover artwork among your friends.

...feeling a pressing urge to own backup copies of each album and put them in a safe.

...having at least 3 tapings from the last tour.

...spending obscene amounts of time on this forum.  ;)

...playing Tennesee Fire from the bottom of a well to increase the reverb.

...changing your hairstyle according to Jim's.

...furiously searching through movies to look for syncs with MMJ albums.

...having a license plate that relates in some way to an MMJ song.

...buying a guitar just to play "One Big Holiday".

...thinking that all top 40 songs would sound better with an omnichord.

...buying obscure e.p.'s, even though you already own all the songs from it.

...having hour-long arguments with friends over how MMJ is NOT alt-country.

...blackmailing Bonnaroo about releasing the 06 show officially.
In another time, in another place, in another face

JacketGal

This is great!!  ;D

Adding:

~ Seeing at least 8 shows from the same tour and not tiring of it!
~ Traveling to San Francisco (from Chicago) TWICE to see shows at the Fillmore
~ Picking your fave Jacket song of the moment and realizing that this band is so good that you will never, ever be without a song!
~ Talking endlessly with your sweetheart about what the band means to you
~ Spontaneous dance parties- featuring MMJ!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Erin

Quote...feeling a pressing urge to own backup copies of each album and put them in a safe.

I seriously wish i had thought of this as all of my MMJ cd's got stollen from my car!  I cried.

dragonboy

Being a fan is...desperately trying your best to come up with new & interesting threads whilst there's no new news about the band.

Keep up the good work Dark!  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

jeffro79

...furiously searching through movies to look for syncs with MMJ albums.
If you start Tenn. Fire right after the lion roars it follows the movie Short Circuit perfectly.
;)
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

realdeal

Spending $150 on a guitar string bracelet. Come on Jim!

bethofftherecord

always trying to turn people on to MMJ

like.....finding MMJ on the jukebox and playing it for all to hear!  my favorite bar just got Okonokos.  so i played like 5 songs.  this bar has kind of a rough crowd.  you can't just play anything.  no.  only like fugazi, slayer, and op ivy.  so, i was suprised that i didn't get booed.  i must have picked good songs, but i don't remember what i played, except run thru and O is the one that is real.
nothing can be changed except ourselves

Angry Ewok

...keeping a framed photo of Jim at your bedside.

Not that I'd do that, but, uh...

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote...keeping a framed photo of Jim at your bedside.

;D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

Buying tickets for friends just because thats the only way they are going to go to a show...and then them thanking you profusely after. BEST. FEELING. EVER.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ChiefOKONO

- Always trying to find the MMJ bus to meet the band

- being able to share the magic with my sweetie!

- Randomly meeting cool fans at shows

- always finding a new live show to listen to

Sherpa

Being a fan is..... Like having a second family. I have not met anybody on here but feel like I am part of a family who loves to SHARE every experience and emotion regarding this music.

It really is unique.

Im proud this is My Favorite Band

TEO

*sitting  your 48 year old ass on a cold steel plate for four hours to get front row at Bonnaroo '06
*driving around Shelbyville Kentucky listening to TN Fire trying to get a better feel for the album
*finding JJ's High School in Louisville, stopping to take a picture because I knew it was an important part of his life
*trying to tell everyone I know about this AWESOME band
*stopping at Heine Bros. coffee Co. in Louisville and taking a picture of the ice machine on the cover of Choc. and Ice (does it count if it was the wrong store?)  ;)   found out AFTER pic. was snapped!  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

thetweener

Liking the music.  Period.  

wesvol

Desperately trying to find fans in Houston, Texas (the worst music scene in modern America).  Anyone?

Jacket Fanatic

Quote...keeping a framed photo of Jim at your bedside.

Certainly not! Who would do such a thing?  ::)

realdeal

Quote*sitting  your 48 year old ass on a cold steel plate for four hours to get front row at Bonnaroo '06
*driving around Shelbyville Kentucky listening to TN Fire trying to get a better feel for the album
*finding JJ's High School in Louisville, stopping to take a picture because I knew it was an important part of his life
*stopping at Heine Bros. coffee Co. in Louisville and taking a picture of the ice machine on the cover of Choc. and Ice (does it count if it was the wrong store?)  ;)   found out AFTER pic. was snapped!  

This is a little over the top don't you think?

TEO

Quote*sitting  your 48 year old ass on a cold steel plate for four hours to get front row at Bonnaroo '06

Hell yes it is over the top! Most everything I do is.   ;D
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

LizKing531

The man's just keeping real for Naptown    8-)

cmccubbin@work

The man's just keeping real for Naptown    8-)

i agree brother!

everytime i drive by St. X i think about Jim's high school daze...

everytime i go by the Heine Bros. Coffee where Jim worked i think about MMJ...

everytime i drive down B'town Rd. i look for bearded guys and when i see them its never MMJ guys...

everytime i go to a concert i look for the boys (and usually always see them), but never bother them...

If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.