MMJ video advertised at Best Buy

Started by Tooth, Nov 24, 2003, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooth

So, I'm leafing through the Best Buy flier that comes with the Sunday paper, and in the music section it mentions that if you buy certain cds, you'll get a bonus DVD that has "videos from My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews, and more".

What the eff?

What's the video?

DD

its an unreleased track called "tacos for nico".  its about danny cash's obsession for nico.  he actually sings it in a fake german accent, his deep singing voice works perfectly with this song.  basically the dudes are sitting around eating tacos in the background as danny dressed in liederhosen sings to a picture of nico he is holding.  then the boys start doing artsy dancing in the back which among other things includes stomping on the tacos and licking pictures of nico.

really its a move in a new direction for the band.  they are sick of the skynnrd and redneck references.  they are entering their expressionist period.  they will all be wearing black and getting crew cuts.  plus everything is going to be done on synthesizers now.  but being totally trendy ONLY analog synthesizers.  they are also changing their name to my mooging jacket.  i cant wait!  
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

peanut butter puddin surprise

you had me going there for a minute...

I think it's a rare Hotel Roy track redone by MMJ instead... :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Scott D

Out of curiosity, I stopped by Best Buy on my way home from work to pick this up.  You have to buy The Strokes' new album for $11.99, and it comes with a DVD with a video from MMJ.  (There were probably 10-15 copies left at the Louisville Shelbyville Rd Best Buy.  I think the Best Buy ad says that there are only 30 copies per store.)

The video is for One Big Holiday.  It's only 2 minutes long - the song is cut short by several minutes.  Basically, all the footage is of the It Still Moves photo shoot (at the barn in Shelbyville).  Jim and someone else say a few words at the beginning regarding the album cover, but the rest of the video is just One Big Holiday (for the audio portion) with the band walking around with costumes on, goofing off, etc. (for the video portion)  I got the impression that it was not intended to be an MTV-style music video that will be aired on television.

Anyone else seen this video?

my_evening_jacket

What kind of world do we live in where one is forced to buy a Strokes album and then you get a cut off video for One Big Holiday! >:( ??? :'(
shake some action

Hey Scott,
Isn't that the same stuff from the Rolling Stone site a few weeks back?  Just curious...

And, what's wrong with the Strokes there, Tim?   ;)  It's all RCA good in the 'hood, eh?  (so long as we don't have Ms. Aquilera on there)

my_evening_jacket

Hey John - nothing really against the Strokes.  They just don't move me.
shake some action

That's cool.  I think they rock, but like pumpkin cheesecake, most folks either dig it or they don't.  

I can dig why they don't move some folks.  Different vibe altogether.

my_evening_jacket

Now I have never tried it but some pumpkin cheesecake sounds good right about now.
shake some action

Damn straight.  Since it's close to Turkey Day, anything pumpkin flavored sounds good... 8)

Oz

Damn, I was really disappointed the "tacos for nico" story wasn't true...  ;D
I'm ready when you are