Main Menu

Spin Magazine

Started by getinthevan, Oct 29, 2007, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getinthevan

I was at the bookstore this morning and I picked up the latest issue of Spin, flipped it open to no page in particular (ended up being page 24-25) and looking back at me was a full 2 page photo of Jim armed with a Flying V, sporting a very blond wig from Austin City Limits.  I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.  I would have bought it if I had had some money.  Oh well, I'll just wait until next Spring when they're on the cover, promoting the new album.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

fortbethel

wow 292 reads & no reply. That sucks mate. Well I'll *high 5* u mate :)

DaFunkyPrecedent

post the pic and i JUST MAY reply.
God damn those shaky knees.

sweatboard

I just added two more views to this thread so I guess I'll just go ahead and Post.  
There's Still Time.........

fortbethel

Quotepost the pic and i JUST MAY reply.

Go to your local B&N & find it yourself. Scan/post it & I may reply. *eyeroll*

Dee.

I think I have this magazine somewhere upstairs. I had a Spin subscription when I was like 14 and they still send me it. No, seriously, I think I must have blacked out and got a free subscription from somewhere because it just won't stop coming and I don't even like the magazine.

If I find it, I'll scan it laterz.

Dee.

Okay, sorry, I must have thrown it away.  :-?

It was just a picture of Jim in a wig and his quote about feeling like he was in a tropical snowglobe.

With an island oasis as a backdrop and a decked out beachcomber, metal detector in hand, canvassing the stage, it came as no surprise when the men of My Morning Jacket walked out in random beach gear, including goggles, snorkel and even floaties. The tropical vibe immediately pacified a rambunctious crowd eagerly waiting for Dylan's later performance on the same stage. "What a Wonderful Man" from 2005's "Z" was a fitting opener with its upbeat guitar and vocal melody. "Gideon" followed, featuring multi-instrumentalist Andrew Bird on violin, and soon thereafter, five exotic women in island garb took the stage with pineapples, posing randomly throughout the rest of the set; although odd, it somehow fit with the rest of the scene. The highlight of My Morning Jacket's set came when lead vocalist Jim James performed the ethereal "Golden" from 2003's "It Still Moves".

Have a good time... all the time.