Bobby Bare, Jr. new project

Started by LaurieBlue, Jan 04, 2008, 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-0104_m_bare_jan04,1,2514723.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

"The singer notes that younger folks likely know Silverstein not for his songs, but as the writer and illustrator of "A Light in the Attic" and "The Giving Tree" ("That book," says Bare Jr. with a sigh, "will destroy your soul"). Now, he and his father are co-producing a Silverstein tribute album.

Details are still being finalized, but Bare Jr. says that Willie Nelson, the Black Keys, My Morning Jacket and Band of Horses have all expressed an interest in contributing."

"The Giving Tree" will tear at your heart.  I wish he'd tour again and come back this way.  He puts on a fantastic live show.

BH

Sweet!  Wish I would have seen this yesterday, I would have asked him about it last night!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

YEAH!  This is so exciting!  I'm a huge fan of silverstein's adult and children's work.  Those of you who aren't familiar, get familiar. now.

Bobby Bare Jr. won a grammy when he was five for a shel silverstein song he sang with his dad.  "Daddy What if"

Other songs silverstein wrote include "Cover of the Rolling Stone" and "Boy Named Sue".  I wonder what the boys will take on!  

mjkoehler

Check out singer/songwriter/comedian Pat Dailey if you like Silverstein. They were very good friends and collaborators. Pat is a unique character to say the list. I would hope that he gets a song on the album.