Welcome new members!

Started by johnconaway, Jul 27, 2004, 01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

hey there,
I've been meaning to send out my usual welcome to new folks via email, but there seems to be so many new people that I just went and decided to post it here!

Welcome, one and all.  Feel free to poke around, ask questions, post freely.  Call O mellow, give me grief for liking Canadian metal, and above all...just feel welcome.

Enjoy!  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tomEisenbraun

I feel welcome! Thanks. I guess I do have a question, who are you in reference to all this madness? Are you a moderator or something? Band junkie or (god forbid, the only band member's name I know is Jim's) an actual band member? Whatever the case may be, thanks for the welcome. I feel right at home, even though this place can be a bit slow.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

SMc55

Let me explain John.

John is the world authority on all things MMJ. If he doesn't know something he knows somebody who does. He is the all round welcoming committee and also makes us oldies feel valued. You're right to say the forum can be a bit slow at times but, when we get started, we have some stonking rows. John is then the voice of reason, pouring oil on troubled waters.

He is also in control of a mysterious thing called the ftp and every now and then announces that it is up. I can't pretend to understand what that means, but I do know it gives a lot of people a lot of pleasure, and they are always very grateful.

Another important person on here is, of course, the moderator Riny aka CC Baxter. If the two of them don't know about something it probably hasn't happened.

Hope that helps  :)

tomEisenbraun

thanks! I've got another question, and maybe I shuld start a thread related to it, as I might get more replies. I just emailed Jim, and I was wondeirng if anyone else has done this, and if he actually reads his emails and replies to them. I can totally undertsand if no one's gotten a reply, seeing as the man is probably super-busy, but how awesome would that be to get a response from a musician whos given me so much inspiration?

SMc55

I'm sure I've read that he does reply. But someone who knows for sure will be along, just you watch. It is the middle of the night in America, so John probably won't look in for a while though. Maybe some of our European experts will answer you first.

CC

hey eisey,
they all read their mail.
don't know if they answer everything,
guess it depends on what you're mailing and if they feel like they have something to say about it.
or they might just be busy.
but yeah, it gets read...

oh and welcome new members :)

QuoteLet me explain John.

John is the world authority on all things MMJ. If he doesn't know something he knows somebody who does. He is the all round welcoming committee and also makes us oldies feel valued. You're right to say the forum can be a bit slow at times but, when we get started, we have some stonking rows. John is then the voice of reason, pouring oil on troubled waters.

He is also in control of a mysterious thing called the ftp and every now and then announces that it is up. I can't pretend to understand what that means, but I do know it gives a lot of people a lot of pleasure, and they are always very grateful.

Another important person on here is, of course, the moderator Riny aka CC Baxter. If the two of them don't know about something it probably hasn't happened.

Hope that helps  :)

;D Feel the love!

I gotta say that the most important person around here is Mr. Riny as he's the webmaster, news bearer, and all around super nice dude.  A king among men, a brother amongst brothers, he's the impotus, the glue, the elbow grease, the pivot point, the master of ceremonies.  I humbly bow to the awesomeness of the work he does on a daily basis.   8) 8)

Thank you so much for the kind words, oh doctorinthehouse.   ;)

And Eisey, I'm just an obsessed fan and whiteball player of billiards, with a dose of Thor and Maker's Mark thrown in for good measure... :)

MMJ_fanatic

I gotta say that the most important person around here is Mr. Riny as he's the webmaster, news bearer, and all around super nice dude.  A king among men, a brother amongst brothers, he's the impotus, the glue, the elbow grease, the pivot point, the master of ceremonies.  I humbly bow to the awesomeness of the work he does on a daily basis.   8) 8)

jeez john, it almost sounds like you're getting ready to propose here--definitely feeling love on this one  :P (jus' joshin'  ;)).  sir riny does do a most outstanding service for all us drooling MMJ nuts!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

I consider Sir Riny to be a close personal friend.  If he lived here in Louisville, we'd be drinkin' buddies to the hilt.  (hmmmmm, move to Amsterdam... :o)...not to mention just regular hangin' out, eatin'...smokin', talkin' trash...you get the point.

Sometimes I don't think we grasp the awesome responsibility it must be to maintain all of this.  Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was important to point out just how much I personally appreciate everything he does for us.  So if that sounds like a proposal, well... :)

Me, I don't do shit except talk trash.  Riny, he does the hard stuff.  

You da man, Mr. Riny!

CC

hey, shouldn't this topic be about welcoming new members? ;)

let's move on now before you start calling me Thor, God Of Thunder ;D

actually, that does sound kinda cool. mmm...

antoniostrohs

Many thanks to Riny and John,two great guys who keep spreading the love of the Jacket.Riny has developed one of the best websites around and John helps fill it with music access and  wonderful and insightful commentaries.Thanks again guys for all you do.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI'm sure I've read that he does reply. But someone who knows for sure will be along, just you watch. It is the middle of the night in America, so John probably won't look in for a while though. Maybe some of our European experts will answer you first.

I'm now under the category of "someone who knows". My love for this band continually grows. Jim is a super nice guy, and he responded in a day. That amazes me. I'm so happy right now, that made my day...errrrr...night.

Quotehey, shouldn't this topic be about welcoming new members? ;)

let's move on now before you start calling me Thor, God Of Thunder ;D

actually, that does sound kinda cool. mmm...

;D

TheMollusk

ok heres something unrelated. if his 'name' is jim james, 'jim' is short for james, so his name is "jim jim."
im stoned.

sweatboard

Yeah, I have a 2 year old cat named James and we just got a new kitten the other day so I wanted to name him Jim, but my wife said that was stupid because they were the same name, I said tell that to Jim James Mom. So I named my cat Two Tone Tommy! ;D He's gray and black.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

Of course we all know that James is not our beloved lead singer's real last name oops was that supposed to come out of the bag? back you saucy kitty!

lyricjunkie

hmmmmmm talk to me more my lovely little bag opener. :-*
Talk less....
Say more.

TheMollusk

when i was reading the second page of this thread i thought it peculiar to come across a man that lives with a cat, until the next post where i see the quote 'saucey kitty'

MMJ_fanatic

cats are better than fish but not as fun as dogs