Jasper says hello.......

Started by johnconaway, Aug 18, 2004, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

The very newest MMJ fan...their music is so good it's a prenatal vitamin!  ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

So happy for you Conaways.

Enjoy every day. My youngest was 12 this week, and it seems no time at all since he was that size.  :D

MMJ_fanatic

looks like he's got that "lead singer posin'" down to a science already 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

CC

Quotehello jasper! ;D

From now on, you're Uncle Riny!  :)

antoniostrohs

Very cool pic!Looks like Jasper is ready to join the Gortons Fisherman's Brigade.First Mate Jasper Conaway

Indeed!  Looks like you'll have to print up a pint sized t-shirt for the little tyke, Uncle Tony!  ;D

marktwain

Lookin' good, Jasper.  Keep growing, boy.

John, you make sure that boy listens to only good music in utero.  It does a young body good.

wordawg

QuoteIt does a young body good.

Its not a bad move for us old ones either.
the future is Ginger

Hey y'all,
Jasper and mom go in for another ultrasound on the 30th.  Not to be the weird "let's look at my unborn baby pics" guy, but I'll have some more to post after that!

I'm feeling a life change here.  I know y'all that are parents are smiling behind your screens at me...tell me if this is weird:  I already love little Jasper with all my heart.

mrsjohnconaway swears up and down "we're not naming our baby Jasper!"  soooooooooooooo...

quick poll:  what do you all think of "Jasper" as a boy name?  (we don't know the sex yet)

If she is a she, the names are:

Ameila
Cora June

Thoughts?

MMJ_fanatic

Ameila
Cora June

Thoughts?

never saw that first one before so it would definitely be unique.  cora june sounds cool.  jasper is a little old fashioned, but if you're into that I would go for ezekial or zachary.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

antoniostrohs

Even though I love the name Jasper,I can understand why mrsconaway objects.Amelia is a beautiful name,but I kind of like Cora June.It seems to have an americana sound to it.A very Appalachian Mountian name.Way cool!

marktwain

I really dig Cora June - very unique, yet traditional.  I like Jasper, too.  And if that's the name you love, don't give up; the missus may come around.  I know mrs. tundra wasn't too keen on Abraham when I first suggested it, but it really grew on her, and now we can't imagine Abe with a different name.  (You've got to keep an open mind, though, too.  Listen to her suggestions)

My suggestion:  decide on a few names you both like, and live with them for the next 20 weeks or so, before you lock one in.

SMc55

Quotetell me if this is weird:  I already love little Jasper with all my heart.

nothing weird about that at all  :)

You're right about the change as well. Life will never be the same again. You'll worry about things you never even thought about before, and find joy in things you hadn't considered important. A strange and wonderful time  :)

Cool.  Didn't want to turn the forum into "look at john and susan's baby", but it just feels right.

Thanks for the suggestions on the name.  I'm open to ideas, so it's not like I've made a pact with God to make this lad "jasper"...I call it a "working title"  ;)

Oh, and Uncle Tony, thanks for the "Cora June" backup.  She LOVES the name "Cora", so it just seems right if he is a she...

CC

thanks for the "Cora June" backup.  She LOVES the name "Cora", so it just seems right if he is a she...

yeah, I like that!
Maybe even throw in a b ;)

like....Johnny B Goode?  ;)

CC

Quotelike....Johnny B Goode?  ;)

not what I had in mind but that works too.
it would definitely improve her chances on bein a future rockstar

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that he/she will be into music...believe me, I will make that happen!  ;)

Hey Uncle Riny, ya coming over for the baptism?  I'll keep ya posted...

CC

QuoteOh, there's no doubt in my mind that he/she will be into music...believe me, I will make that happen!  ;)

Hey Uncle Riny, ya coming over for the baptism?  I'll keep ya posted...

hey yeah, oh yeah, do keep me posted :)