New a perfect circle cd?

Started by katkillad, Aug 27, 2004, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkillad

http://www.aperfectcircle.com/bodies.html

Looks like it might be more of a callaboration/remix type deal, but i can't tell. It comes out on November 2.  For those of you who are interested in apc I posted the link above.  Its a new video for a remixed version of "Pet".  

I always new the song was political, but the video makes it very apparent and is extremely anti-bush.  However, I am posting for the appreciation of apc and nothing political.

MMJ_fanatic

I love those guys--they top my hot list right along with MMJ
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

katkillad

QuoteI love those guys--they top my hot list right along with MMJ

hells yea they are.  I had the chance to see them front row here in ohio...it was a badass concert but maynard didn't like us.  I don't know what the deal was, but everyone around us was like 50.  The guy next to me said he got his tickets for free.  

I also saw them in a really small venue in indianapolis when they were doing their "demo" tour.  Basically, they were just practicing the songs live at a few small places.  

havibulin

I did see that...but i dont believe it. Maynard can be quite a joker. there is a good possibility there is no cd...just that remix they put up on the website.

i might be wrong though.

katkillad

QuoteI did see that...but i dont believe it. Maynard can be quite a joker. there is a good possibility there is no cd...just that remix they put up on the website.

i might be wrong though.

I was thinking the same thing exactly...and the whole Marvin Gaye thing doesnt really make any sense.  I was skeptical as well seeing that the message was actually from Maynard.  Plus, there isn't anything on the toolband website about a new cd.  I know they are seperate, but I still think they gave a mention about when Thirtheenth step came out.  

MMJ_fanatic

it was a badass concert but maynard didn't like us.  I don't know what the deal was, but everyone around us was like 50.  
so ya think he just dislikes older folks?  I don't know how old he is but I know he is pretty "out there" as an individual and an artist.  he reminds me of Mike Patton (another absolute list topper for me--with FNM and Mr Bungle :)) unpredictable to say the least.  I remember seeing FNM on some queer show MTV had for awhile--I think they called it Club MTV or something--where bands played live in the studio with gap-clothed teens watching.  anyway there are some quiet section of their set where he just lets loose with some amazing gutteral screams and yowls and the kids in the studio look completely at a loss--it was priceless!

katkillad

so ya think he just dislikes older folks?

not in general, but it seemed like everyone around me had never even heard of apc before.  Nobody was into the concert at all.  Everyone was just standing around.  It was kind of strange...  During the middle of one of his songs he said, "we fucking suck."

katkillad

Just thought I would share...  I paid a guy to get me a custon apc sticker of just the circle without the lettering.  During christmas I guess the heat from the sticker melted the snow around it and created a masterpiece...

havibulin

MMJ_fanatic

I believe we will be seeing this disc before/by the end of this year...