Your first rock n roll concert

Started by johnconaway, Sep 17, 2004, 06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteT Rex
Newcastle City Hall

I know, I could be Methuselah's granny  :-/
mmm jealousy rears its ugly head  ;) must have been a total rock out :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

BLACK SABBATH!!! AT BOSTON GARDEN  YET. They were on the Heaven and Hell or Mob Rules tour, at any rate Dia was at the helm and all was right with my universe :D

SMc55

Just curious, dust off the cobwebs and tell us how was the T-Rex show. I've seen a couple of old video clips to think it could have been one of the more interesting rock shows to come down the pike.

mmm jealousy rears its ugly head  ;) must have been a total rock out :)

It did indeed rock. But it wasn't just the show, it was the whole experience. I went with Pat, my best friend from school and it was our first trip to the big city. It was only about 12 miles but it might as well have been the moon. We researched the buses with military precision. The sights, sounds and smells were amazing. We'd never seen so many people. When they did an acoustic section Bolan sat on the floor in the middle of the stage. We thought that was so cool we started sitting cross legged on the floor wherever we could get away with it. She was in love with Marc Bolan and I fancied Mickey Finn. It was the longer hair, I think.

Pat and I still dance together. It's lucky we like loud music because it disguises the sound of our creaky knees  ;)

SMc55

Quote (Is there no nerd smiley?)

No but there should be - for a lot of us  ;)

Wasn't that around the time George Michael started sporting that dodgy beard?

SMc55

Yeah I remember the pose on the CD covers and the posters  :)    It was so cool at the time. One of my all time fave songs is Wake me up before you go go (Yes there definately should be a nerd smily  :D)

TheMollusk

my first was the smiths in 87 i think. i found four tickets on the bathroom floor of canadas wonderland and they were playing that night so my mom took me and my friend. ooooh wait, i saw depeche mode in 86in support of black celebration

lasse

Miles Davis 1984 (or was it 85??) in Molde Jazz festival.
 The concert started 0100 because he came directly from Paris. And I'll never forget this one, my first and probably the best concert ever.

maansloep

Willie Nelson
Fiesta Texas
San Antonio, TX
1993?

I think I was about 9 and this was at a theme park.  I remember that he played for-ev-er and played the same song about 3 times.  Also, he was an hour or so late arriving to the place and escaped to his bus several times during the show for what I think was an "herbal refreshment."

MMJ_fanatic

Quoteplayed for-ev-er and played the same song about 3 times.  escaped to his bus several times during the show for what I think was an "herbal refreshment."
bet the 2 were probably related ;)

maansloep

or... the 3 being related as he was more than an hour late for the concert.

I love Willie Nelson though.

Sal Paradise

Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys

I really can't remember when. Honestly  ::)
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

MMJ_fanatic

Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys

I really can't remember when. Honestly  ::)

that must have been an interesting way to lose your concert virginity...

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI was listening to the local high school station (WNAS in New Albany)

YES!  Believe it or not, this is like the most awesome radio station...those kids will play anything!  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Coltrane

Metallica- the black album tour. 1991, Roanoke, VA.

A friend and I skipped school and waited outside the arena in 30 degree waether for hours. At the time, it was fucking incredible. But later I realized that EVERYTHING was on that tour was exactly the same every night. Right down to the "drum battle" between Lars and James. But I was a kid and mezmerized anyway. Except that they didn't play "The Four Horsemen, " whcih upset me.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Sal Paradise

that must have been an interesting way to lose your concert virginity...

Oh yes, it sure was.
You should check out Kinky's writing, very entertaining.
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

Jellyfish

Nobody and I mean nobody laugh....it was KISS.

The first real RnR show I saw was the Grateful Dead in Blacksburg VA sometime in early 80's.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

lyricjunkie

Talk less....
Say more.

Jellyfish

Alright you!  :P

LJ,what was your first RnR show,the Bay City Rollers? ;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Zmog1974

psychedelic furs at the Hammersmith Apollo..when i was 12 in 1986 ..followed by The Cult-Electric tour in 87 and of course U2 joshua tree tour in 87....my dad used to take me everywhere...its funny though im now doing the same to him.

He loves the jacket..good old pops.

peanut butter puddin surprise

that's awesome!  great set of shows there...you lucky dog!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there