Rich Robinson and the Steepwater Band - Chicago!

Started by PrazAngel, Sep 14, 2004, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrazAngel

Rich Robinson will be playing The Double Door in Chicago on Sunday, October 3rd.

The Steepwater Band (amazing blues-based rock band from Chicago: http://steepwater.com/) will be on a triple bill along with Antigone Rising opening for for Rich. Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster and through The Double Door's box office. Check out the tour section on Rich Robinson's website for ticket information and other tour cities on www.richrobinson.net

Anyone who is into the guitar sounds of the Black Crowes may want to check out Rich Robinson's new record 'Paper'

You can listen to clips here:
http://richrobinson.net/detail-paper.htm

Check it out!!!

MMJ_fanatic

cool stuff and there's at least 3 dates I can check him out at!!! :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

PrazAngel

He's sounding pretty sweet and the new record is fantastic!

TheMollusk

i still havnt heard the chris robinson album(the new one) any good?

PrazAngel

Yes, This Magnificient Distance, the 2nd CD by Chris and the New Earth Mud is a very solid record. It's pretty mellow compared to the stuff he was doing the Crowes and really showcases Chris's voice. I think it's a more well-rounded effort than the first one. In fact I just listened to it a few days ago and was thinking how good the band sounded and how fine a record it really is.

I don't know if you heard this or not, but Chris scrapped the fall tour with NEM and kind of went on a 'personal hiatus'. There is speculation that the crowes are getting back together but no confirmations yet.

As a whole, I really dig both Robibnson bros. solid efforts but together the whole is much greater than the sum of it's parts. Still I wouldn't miss a show by either of them!

If you'd like I can hook you up with a live NEM show? send me a PM if you're interested.

MMJ_fanatic

yeah the NEM has chris in a slightly new direction but keeping in touch with his roots--very tasty
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

PrazAngel

Bump~ The show's this weekend and there are tix available!!!