The Ramones

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Oct 10, 2004, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Since nobody else has brought it up I have taken the liberty.  The Ramones are 3/4 gone now  :'( surpassing The Who and The Beatles!  So how did they touch you?  Are you pissed that they're dwindling so fast.  I loved Joey but have to say I miss Johnny just as much (maybe a little more even?).  I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to see them live back on my University campus in the eighties.  I especially loved Johnny's acceptance speech at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony where he says "God Bless America and God Bless President Bush" :)

C'mon--testify about these groundbreakers and how they impacted your life--cuz they left an impact wherever they played!  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dogandponyshow

I think they were ceratinly a band that was one of a kind but by the same token maybe did not live quite up to their potential. Certainly, the drug in take did not help. I do have the box set and enjoy it regularly.

D.

Jellyfish

I love the Ramones,saw them live many years ago.I miss these guys so much and really when Joey died it was over.Johnny was a great guitar player but he didn't have a voice,he needed Joey.I think that Joey could have continued on without Johnny.Just listen to "Don't Worry Bout Me",Joey's solo album released after his death.That CD was better than some of the stuff the Ramones put out.I just picked up the Ramones Raw DVD and it has some great interviews and music on it.

Johnny will be watching from above tonight when his beloved Yankees play the Bosox.  
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

wordawg

The Ramones were a different class.

And they still are.

In my humble opinion.
the future is Ginger

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteThe Ramones were a different class.

different class of what g?

wordawg

different class of what g?

Fun.
Rock AND Roll.
Punk.
Proof that one good idea can last for years if its a really good one.
Showed every spotty uncool kid that they could be cool. Let us know that you CAN play 12 songs in 30 minutes.
Gave us Gabba Gabba Hey

Perm any 1 from 7.

Its just an opinion, its not a t-shirt. 8)
the future is Ginger

thebigbang

QuoteSince nobody else has brought it up I have taken the liberty.  The Ramones are 3/4 gone now  :'( surpassing The Who and The Beatles!  So how did they touch you?  Are you pissed that they're dwindling so fast.

C'mon--testify about these groundbreakers and how they impacted your life--cuz they left an impact wherever they played!  ;)

I really appreciate what the Ramones did to stir up the music scene in America.  A simple sound of guitars and drums and hyper bouncy beats invaded enough skulls to encourage a lot of bands to try and build on their momentum and give us some seriously fun shows.

Even when Joey was ranting and raving, you knew he realized how lucky he was in the grand scheme of things. A lot of the folks in the music business who followed them seemed to forget that, and the music suffered for it.

I think MMJ also grasps what a blessing it is to have the talent and opportunity to make people happy that way.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

SMc55

Its just an opinion, its not a t-shirt. 8)

Could be it's an opinion and a t-shirt  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

Could be it's an opinion and a t-shirt  ;)
hey I like that idea! :D