Miracle Legion

Started by O, Oct 15, 2004, 06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Have anyone of you heard of this band? I heard their name the first time in a Dutch review of 'The Tennessee Fire' and have been trying to find their records ever since. Most of their stuff is unfindable, however, and it took me 4 years until I finally found their debut album 'Surprise surprise surprise' on a second hand market in Amsterdam. And I love it. It's a bit early R.E.M., the MMJ comparison is also understandable (a la 'Heartbreakin'Man' and 'I will be there...'). Melancholic but poppy and a Kermit-the-Frog-like voice that brings tears to my eyes. This album is no longer made, so you have to find it secondhand, and my copy was all smudgy, so I had to clean it with water before I could play it. Truly a hidden treasure, therefore. For those of you that still have get sentimental when hearing 'Heartbreakin'Man', try to find this. 'Me and Mr. Ray' is supposed to be their best album, I'm gonna hunt for it.
I'm ready when you are

CC

o yeah, great band! got most of their albums on vinyl. my favourite is 'the backyard'. mark mulcahy went solo coupla years ago and is still puttin out great albums, he's workin on his 3rd now. check out www.mezzotint.com and www.markmulcahy.com

dogandponyshow

O...got to Gemm.com and there are other options for this band.  Based on your reccomendation, I picked up one of their discs.

D.

Oz

Quoteo yeah, great band! got most of their albums on vinyl.

Fuck', I envy you. I can't seem to find them anywhere! I got 'Surprise surprise surprise' on vinyl too. Well, I guess I've got something to hunt for.
I'm ready when you are

Oz

QuoteO...got to Gemm.com and there are other options for this band.  Based on your reccomendation, I picked up one of their discs.

D.

That's cool! Wich one and how do you like it?
I'm ready when you are

CC

Fuck', I envy you. I can't seem to find them anywhere! I got 'Surprise surprise surprise' on vinyl too. Well, I guess I've got something to hunt for.

mezzotint still has a couple for sale on their site. http://www.mezzotint.com/store/
not sure how much shipping will be,

Oz

Aaaah, I need to get myself a credit card.  :(
I'm ready when you are

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteAaaah, I need to get myself a credit card.  :(
that would be most helpful, just don't get to carried away with your credit line  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dogandponyshow

Great reccomendation O....picked of the disc Drenched and it is great.

D.