Main Menu

Drinking

Started by T, Nov 23, 2004, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T

Just  curious whether there are any other whisky/whiskey drinkers out there?

Bourbon, Single malt, Irish?

Wine?
Beer?
Girl drinks with umbrellas?
 What do you dig?

Myself it's mainly wine. I swing both ways, red and white, ooops and bubbly.
But I have been known on occasion(once or twice a week) to sip a Bourbon or Scotch or two.
Beer is a seasonal beverage with me.

I drink daily but rarely do I find that I'm drunk. Except when i post, sorry O.

What about you folks?
Bonus question for those from Kentucky.
If you drink Bourbon, what kind do you drink on a regular basis and what do you drink as a special whisky?
Actually, anyone can answer this one.
Cheers

lfish

Well Mister T,

Glad you enjoy the good things in life.
I like wine very much, preferrably red above white.  Especially the grape merlot I like the most.  

But I also drink lot of beer. In belgium it is very difficult not to do it.

But I don't like the strong things like whiskey or bourbon.  But maybe I learn to appreciate this within a couple of years.

Do you have any idea if there will be a movie of the A-team or does you name not refer to Mr T?

God I love it when a plan comes together!
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

BOURBON

the best kinds are (in no particular order)

Maker's Mark
Knob Creek
Elijah Craig
Evan Williams

and any bourbon made in a single barrel.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...single barrel.  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

T

ifish:
Beers from Belgium are very tasty indeed. I haven't had many but in the summer I bought Rochfort 8 & 10, La Chouffe, Petrus and a bunch of others that were brought in on a special order.
Deep rich full flavoured beers with high alcohol. Nice.

BTW, the T has nothing to do with the A Team unfortunately. I've got too much hair on my head.
cheers

CC

yeah, love the bourbon.
maker's mark,
mmm.

a single malt can be great too.
like bunnahabhain,
it has a faint, flowery, nutty hint of peatiness, a whiff of sea air, and a character that is quietly set around a courtyard in a remote cove.
mmmmmm.

T

I was just given a bottle of the Pappy Van Winckles 20 year Family Reserve Bourbon.
I have no idea what it will taste like but I think I'll wait until summer, sit out on the deck, light a cigar then sip away.

EC

"bunnahabhain" is my new favourite word.  (How do you pronounce it - bunn-a-ha-vin ?)  

Quoteit has a faint, flowery, nutty hint of peatiness, a whiff of sea air, and a character that is quietly set around a courtyard in a remote cove.

Beauts!  Makes me want to go and take a bottle down to the lake!

I just found the website, and it makes me want to get some, too...  (I'm so easily swayed) www.blackbottle.com  If you go to the interact section, there's a really great picture of a guy on his bike.

I really like Laphroaig.  Mmmm.  I like a little peat in my whisky.  (Their website is nice, too www.laphroaig.com)

I miss Scotland.  :(

dogandponyshow

Let's talk tequila....How about Don Julio Silver, Cabo Wabo Anejo, El Tesoro Blanco, Herradurra, Patron, El Corazon, Don Eduardo, Cazadores, Del Senor and Chinaco....Stay away for the Jose Cuervo.  Now were talking.

D.

CC

Quote"bunnahabhain" is my new favourite word.  (How do you pronounce it - bunn-a-ha-vin ?)  

yeah, that's the way I say it. must be right  ;D

MMJ_fanatic

Knob Creek--mmmmm nice toasty feeling in my guts :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

antoniostrohs

Also love the bourbon.

Woodford Reserve
Basil Hayden
Knob Creek
Makers Mark

EC

I really need to explore my bourbon side.

marktwain

Bourbon:
really good, and cheap: W.L. Weller's
excellent, and expensive: Buffalo Trace

Beer:
cheap: Miller High Life
Good, and Local: New Albany Brewing Co. (http://www.newalbanian.com/nabrewing.php)
I love to try new beers, and I'll drink local microbrews wherever I am.
All-Time Favorite: Young's Ram Rod (or Guinness)

Wine:
Give me just about anything cheap, red, and dry.

SmoothOprtr

Early Times and ginger ale is mr drink!  For the price, I think Early Times is about the best bourbon out there.  I think sour mash bourbon like Jack Daniels and Jim Beam are about as smooth as a mug of glass.  If money were no option I would be drinking Knob Creek a lot as well.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

havibulin

knob creek. johnny walker black label beccause i love the "oaky" taste. i also enjoy a little J.W. Dant.

marktwain

QuoteEarly Times and ginger ale is mr drink!  

I haven't tried bourbon w/ ginger ale - it's usually just hanging out with ice cubes in my glass - but I had a friend recommend it w/ Ale 8 One, which would make it a completely honest kentucky beverage.  (For those not in the know, Ale 8 One is a ginger soda brewed and bottled in Winchester, Kentucky.  And it's delicious)
http://www.ale-8-one.com/index.html

EC

So I did it.  I had a Maker's Mark last night for the first time.  Straight up.  

I'm a believer.

antoniostrohs

Very cool EC,another convert.

Billy_Pilgrim

Maker's Mark is a very, very nice drink. I think I finally realised I was growing up when I stopped ordered double JD with a splash of coke (in the hope of getting very drunk very quickly) to ordering a MM and actually enjoying the taste, almost savouring it.
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

SmoothOprtr

No worries, Marker's Mark will get you drunk as you as you can dream of!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women