Dec 10 on the 10th at the Ryman is................

Started by sweatboard, Dec 02, 2004, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Not My Morning Jacket it's

Will Hoge, I don't know anything about him other than my friend saw him live in knoxville and said he thought I would like it.  What do you all think about him?  
There's Still Time.........

SMc55

He kicks ass!

Actually that was a lie, I've never heard of him but I want you to go to this gig in a positive mood. You'll be with friends, having a drink - enjoy it  :D

The Boar

Ditto what the Dr. said. Even if the show is terrible you can enjoy poking fun at him and revelling in the knowledge that MMJ is so much more kickass  ;D

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

I talked to my friend and he says he thought they were great when he saw them live but he tried to listen to some of the album stuff and he said it sucked balls.  I've had that happen to me more than once.  Sometimes you can't here the lyrics real well and you check out a cd and you realize what thier singing about is fucked up or they just write shitty lyrics.  I also think some bands try and make their cd's sound to poppy in order to get paid, which is kind of a catch 22, but I believe just making the music you love and are proud of (although a mighty cliche) pays off in the long run.  I mean, if you think Marron 5 sounds awesome by all means go make your album sound like it, but if you just know it's the gateway to making more money then you might as well do something else to make money.  Just my thoughts.  Anyway, there are two other bands playing with Will Hoge and I'd really like to visit the Ryman, so I think I'll probably go unless something comes up.  I might get there early and ask the staff If they'll play "I will be there when you die" really loud over the house speakers so I can fullfil my dream of hearing Jim's voice echo through the Ryman.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI might get there early and ask the staff If they'll play "I will be there when you die" really loud over the house speakers so I can fullfil my dream of hearing Jim's voice echo through the Ryman.
Hopefully you won't get a blank stare in return!  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

The Boar

QuoteI might get there early and ask the staff If they'll play "I will be there when you die" really loud over the house speakers so I can fullfil my dream of hearing Jim's voice echo through the Ryman.

Wow, that would be sweet -- or maybe "I Needed It Most" and its mind-blowing vocals....