Main Menu

AC/DC

Started by johnconaway, Sep 14, 2004, 05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

lots of pure rawk on the radio these days, esp. a lot of AC/DC.  old timey fans will remember the covers by the boys, and the props given by wearing AC/DC shirts at a couple of shows...what's your thoughts on this?

i personally love pretty much anything by those dudes...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dwight

AC/DC are legends. Anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn't listened. Highway to Hell. Back in Black. High Voltage. These ablbums should be required listening for anyone who calls themself a rocker... or... a music fan for that matter.  The Young brothers are just about the baddest rythym/lead combo ever.

Plus.. who doesn't love songs about drinking, women, and satan =)

sweeeeeeet.  i knew everyone would agree  :)

wordawg

My oldest sons favourite band, consequently I hear them a lot. They also help my car go faster. Go figure?

Class act AC/DC.
the future is Ginger

dogandponyshow

Been around forever, still kicking ass and even though Bon Scott died there next album out is Back in Black which is possibly the best ever.....Legendary.....and think I have all but a few on the Ipod.  

D.

MMJ_fanatic

Bon Scott was the best--Jailbreak, She Got The Jack, and on and on love it!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Drunkre

Gonna be a rock and roll singer,
Gonna be a rock and roll star,
Gonna be a rock and roll singer...
Yes, I are!!!
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

MMJ_fanatic

it's a long way to the top!

EC

QuoteThey also help my car go faster

That's awesome.   :)

lfish

I have a frien who had the luck to go to one of their shows in '99.  His ears are still ringing...

These guys rock big time.
lfish

fitzcarraldo

Mark Kozelek released a record called What's Next To The Moon, all acoustic renditions of 10 Bon Scott songs. The songs are rearranged, I played it to my bud (huge AC/DC fan) and he thought it was sacrelig at first but now likes it. It is a pretty good CD, especially Bad Boy Boogie.

dogandponyshow

Interesting....will have to try and track that down.

D.

Oz

Yeah, I've been wanting to check that out for very long now - they're all spooky, sad versions, aren't they? That's what I heard. If you can make a melancholic sad record with AC/DC songs, you're the man!
I'm ready when you are

Coltrane

the Kozalek covers are absolutely brilliant. If you didn't know they were AC/DC songs, you'd swear they were oroginals. It just proves that you can't judge a song by it's cover!

....wow.....there's a lot of layers to that last sentence...i've gone cross-eyed!!!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

OldBlackHen

Man, I saw AC/DC when I was like 15 and it is still one of the best.  It was during their Big Balls Tour and they had the facade of a house set up on stage and they dropped a wrecking ball from the ceiling and smashed the house and the next thing you know Angus is rocking through the wreckage!

Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution... :o

Chills

I'll restart this topic simply for this.

Interviewer: 'Angus, how do you respond to people criticizing you for making the same album 21 times?'

Angus:'That's not the truth, people always forget our two live albums'

And: 'AC/DC only has one song, but nobody sings it better than us.'

Amen! Funny guys, these Australians!

YES.  Bring on the rock!

MMJ_fanatic

that interview reminds me of a Spinal Tap moment:

"The review of "Shark Sandwich" was 2 words--"Shit Sandwich""

"Get out, you can't print that!"