kings of leon live @exit/in Nashville

Started by sweatboard, Jan 23, 2005, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Thu Feb 17 and Fri Feb 18th

Tickets on sale now on ticketmaster

I saw modest mouse the other night in Nashville but it was at the Vanderbilt Gym, so I'm looking forward to this show.  Modest Mouse was great but Vanderbilt Gym sucks.
There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

KOL rock live, it can't matter much if they're playin' a bathroom in a honky tonk... 8)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

antoniostrohs

Kings of Leon are tentatively scheduled here in Louisville@Headliners Monday March 21.I've already asked off work for the following day.John knows what fun they are live.Can't wait!They haven't started to sell tickets yet.

bourbon flowing freely...heads banging...hair flying.  yup, that's the ticket.

EC

antoniostrohs

Hey EC,just to rub it in a bit more,we also have Neko Case with The Sadies here Feb 20 at The Phoenix Hill Tavern.

EC

Yeah, awesome.

She was sold out in my town last Sunday.

:( damnit

(I'm just about to send you a pm!!)

corey

Don't complain, EC. Neko probably won't come anywhere near my town, so you're better off where you are.  :)

EC

But dude, you can drive to Nashville WHENEVER YOU WANT!

Do you know how many country stars come to Toronto?  Very few.  

Ah crap, you're right, I shouldn't complain.  I know that it's pretty cool here, and I like it okay.  It's just, every once in a while somebody does a tour and doesn't come...

...and then I know how you feel all the time.  :)

corey

Can you guys come up with a good estimate on how many people that the Exit/In can hold?
I'm terrible at estimating that sort of thing? I've been there a couple of times, but I just can't pick a number that I think sounds right...

The reason I ask is because there is a new venue here in town that has only been open for a year or so. They have mostly had non-rock acts, but are looking to book some rock shows sometime this year. I'm trying to come up with some bands that would fill up a room for 300 people. I know that's not a lot of people for a rock show, so the band couldn't be super-huge but they would need a decent following...

sweatboard

I would think somewhere between 300 and 500.  

EC

Really?  That much?  I would've thought it was closer to 200.

But I'm used to seats...

sweatboard

Yeah, They can pack em in pretty tight.

EC

Yep.  There I am.  Overshadowed by one of the tall boys.  :)

QuoteYep.  There I am.  Overshadowed by one of the tall boys.  :)

which one?

sweatboard

Check me out, I've got the red sox hat on backwards.

I'm FEELING It!!!!!!!!!!

SMc55

No wonder you're feeling it. He's looking directly at you. What a great place to get.

sweatboard

Yeah I swear that has to be right after the big solo in One Big Holliday.  I think he's doing the intro part that he does again in the end (that's what the fingering position on the fretboard would indicate).  Yes I am a Dork!!!  But Jim was swinging his hair during that solo and it was hitting me in the face and it was the most fucking awesome thing I've ever experienced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EC

I don't know - the fingering is higher - closer to the body of the guitar - unless he tuned the guitar differently for that bit...

Yeah, I would have been standing about four feet to the left of whoever took the picture.  And, honey, you grooving out is a mirror image of what I was doing.  I was too scared to stand too close.  Don't know why...

I THINK I can see my horns in that first picture - it's kind of the smaller hand in the bottom rightish side...

heh.  It could be anybody's hand.  It's just probably where I was grooving out.

Fuck.  That was such an amazing show.  I still get all chilly when I think about it.

sweatboard

Megan, check it, because he's on the eighth fret, right where you hit the intro to O.B.H.  I hate to correct you because you sing like an angel(even this girl I know that sings really well agrees), but one guitar seems to be playing there, granted there is probably another guitar playing in unison higher.  Regardless, we both experienced one amazing evening!!!!!!!  Hopefully next time we will meet.