Any Movie Recommendations?

Started by The_Link, Feb 01, 2005, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

QuoteI still like Vampires.

Well then you must be really weird or gay!

sweatboard

Actually I'm a really wierd gay vampire, so watch out!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteActually I'm a really wierd gay vampire, so watch out!!!!!

:) Beautiful.  

igor

the best movies for showing off your surround sound are sci-fi flicks.

here's some more to checkout:
the LOTR extended edition set
fight club
seven
any war flicks (apocalypse now, platoon, saving private ryan, u571, etc.)
the godfather
heat
toy story 1 & 2

SmoothOprtr

http://awardsdatabase.oscars.org/ampas_awards/DisplayMain.jsp?curTime=1107371629451

The above link will take you to a list of the Academy Award winners for the "best sound" category since the 1920's... if you play around you can also see the nominated films in this category as well.  This would seem like a logical place to start serching for films with great sound.  

Of course this entire thread is all over the place.  Several people have suggested Sideways (or other films they like with no links whatsoever to great sound), which A, isn't out on DVD, and B, would probably be one of the least interesting sound related films regarless of how good or bad you thought the picture was.  

Additionally, any DVDs that are in Superbit or THX form are going to have excellent sound.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

wordawg

Black Hawk Down sounds great in surround/5.1.

Deffo Word
the future is Ginger

SmoothOprtr

QuoteBlack Hawk Down sounds great in surround/5.1.

Deffo Word

and won the Oscar for best sound... there's a coralation here!....
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

MMJ_fanatic

ATTENTION EVERYONE RAZZING THE TOP GUN REFERENCE:  IT WAS MADE TO REALLY TEST DRIVE THE SYSTEM FOR MR LINK, NOT BECAUSE IT IS A GREAT MOVIE (CUZ IT ISN'T!).  ARE WE CRYSTAL NOW?  SHEESH! ::)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI still like Vampires.
The scene at the hotel when the senior vamp shows is NASTY!!!

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteBlack Hawk Down sounds great in surround/5.1.

Deffo Word
Further expanding my point that you need some movies with wicked sound tracks (no not musical actual world sounds:  souped up engines, huge artilery guns, FIGHTER JETS :D)

The_Link

got it!  Black Hawk Down is a great choice.  Fuck it, I may even buy top Gun, but no damn vampire movies.  No offense to yo who like em.  Just think they are, well, gay.  Thanks for all your input.  later.