Main Menu

Fan Club?

Started by sweatboard, Feb 04, 2005, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Who thinks it would be good if they started one?  Do you have any ideas for it.

I was thinking about it because I just got my Pearl Jam newsletter, and Christmas single.  The Christmas single is sometimes jokeingly called the Easter single because they never get it out on time.  Still, it's a vinyl single with a couple unreleased songs or rare live versions that they send out to the fan club members for free each year.  Fan Club Members also get to buy concert tickets first, get to buy merchandise only offered to fan club members (LP's, Official Bootlegs, Live DVD's) etc.

Anyway I wish MMJ would start something similar
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

Sounds like a yummy idea
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dthomas

I remember joining Jacket Junkies, it is/was a fan club.

I still have my membership card

dave

dthomas

The membership came with a t-shirt (the reason I joined), some stickers, profiles of the members, a signed photo of the members, and a membership card.  We were also supposed to get 4 newsletters a year.

dave

sweatboard

how would I join?

dthomas

I think it's been about 3 years since I joined.  Might not even be around anymore.  Does anyone else remember anything about it?

here is the signed photo they sent.

http://members.cox.net/dk-thomas/jj-mmj-5.jpg

Oz

Yeah, whatever happened to the Jacket Junkies?
I'm ready when you are

sweatboard

Hey Riny, Were you a Jacket Junkie?  If so do you know if it's still around and how we can sign up?  If not, mabey you can put in a word with the band that we would like them to strike it back up.  Thanks,

Brian

CC

it's not around anymore,
not sure what happened but somehow it just went asleep.
don't know of any future plans either but if anyone has any ideas, mail info@mymorningjacket.com
who knows...

EC

(heh.  nice Madonna quote.)

TheMadHatter

God Man,We really do need a fan club.Especially now that there fanbase is rising after ISM.I would love the chance to join the fanclub and i guess the best way to get it going would to be to email the guys and just beg baby!!
The Mad Hatter,he waits for Alice to come to tea again.

peanut butter puddin surprise

A fan club would be awesome.  I think that there's plenty of folks who are very enthusiastic about all things MMJ and would make a great fan club.  The sheer volume of postings here and the love generated by the fans here alone is awe inspiring.  A larger community of folks who aren't online as we are would also make a fine addition to the fan club as well.  

Let me float a few ballons.  I have some ideas.  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

I nominate John for President!

sweatboard

I second that nomination

dogandponyshow

He's the man for the job.....no doubt