Main Menu

Cigarettes

Started by primushead, Feb 14, 2005, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

cloves are just as bad as Camels, or American Spirits, or weed, or whatever you smoke (even if it's banana peels or dogshit!).  

I'm not glorifying or justifying anything either, just pointing out that in moderation, and in real moderation, I enjoy a few cloves.  I've had long talks with Dwight and know he's a true brother in arms (man, if it weren't for moving, baby, 16 yr old, and work, we'd be hanging out RIGHT NOW!) so he's not doing anything other than expressing his point of view.  Love him like a brother.

Anyhoo, smoking is bad, and of course he's right.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dwight

JC-

In the immortal words of Ali G,

"Respect"

EC

Quoteeven if it's banana peels
ah ha.  My brother and I tried drying out banana peels and smoking them.  We didn't have any rolling papers, so we used... wait for it... post-it notes. ha.

And, here's something interesting.  On the posters on our big garbage receptacles, now, is a sign that reads something like:

You don't smoke, why put up with it?  Ask someone who's smoking near you to butt out.

And I'm pretty sure they'll make a fine for that, just because they like to make a fine for anything here, so soon, smoking outside will no longer be an option.

Wow.  I'll bet they stop it on the patios this summer...  Wow.  It can't be Canada if you can't drink a beer and have a smoke outside.  :(

I guess I'll move to Newfoundland where they've tried to ban smoking inside for EVER, and nobody listens.  

EC

ah ha.  My brother and I tried drying out banana peels and smoking them.  We didn't have any rolling papers, so we used... wait for it... post-it notes. ha.

And, here's something interesting.  On the posters on our big garbage receptacles, now, is a sign that reads something like:

You don't smoke, why put up with it?  Ask someone who's smoking near you to butt out.

And I'm pretty sure they'll make a fine for that, just because they like to make a fine for anything here, so soon, smoking outside will no longer be an option.

Wow.  I'll bet they stop it on the patios this summer...  Wow.  It can't be Canada if you can't drink a beer and have a smoke outside.  :(

I guess I'll move to Newfoundland where they've tried to ban smoking inside for EVER, and nobody listens.  

Or fuck it, maybe it's that time...

QuoteJC-

In the immortal words of Ali G,

"Respect"

Hey man, I feel the love.  Say, we should have you over for dinner at the new place.  Let me set up the table and whatnot.  I owe you like 10000 beers.  :)

Meg,
Montreal is as smoking friendly as it comes these days.  Nobody smoked inside, but man EVERYONE smoked outside.  I know it's a bit colder there, but shit is it a cool city.

Anyhoo, not to be forward, but what is a pretty girl like you smoking for anyways?  :)

dogandponyshow

If I am not mistaken they have "pot" bars in Vancouver, Canada where you can light a doobie and eat a sandwich in public....pretty much anything goes on in that city.  Great place to visit.

D.

EC

QuoteIf I am not mistaken they have "pot" bars in Vancouver, Canada where you can light a doobie and eat a sandwich in public....pretty much anything goes on in that city. æGreat place to visit.

D.

Whuuuuuut? ÊI don't remember that. ÊI lived there. ÊNo, I don't remember that. ÊI mean, yeah, there are places where people smoke, and nobody does anything about it, but just to be clear, it's not a government-condoned situation. ÊIt is true, though, that I have been noticing more and more, that people are smoking in public (I'm reeefering [ha] to weed, not tobacco here) and not worrying about it. ÊAfter work the other night, 3am, there was a share circle, and a cop car drove by. ÊNobody got worried, nobody cared. ÊIt was actually kind of wicked.

QuoteMeg,
Montreal is as smoking friendly as it comes these days. æNobody smoked inside, but man EVERYONE smoked outside. æI know it's a bit colder there, but shit is it a cool city.
æ
Anyhoo, not to be forward, but what is a pretty girl like you smoking for anyways? æ

::)

That's because they're more European than we are. Ê(We're VERY uptight in Toronto. ÊMontreal's a little more laid back and arty, and for some reason that makes people smoke? ÊNot sure what I mean by that, but I understand it in my head.) ÊIt isn't that much colder in PQ is it? Ê

Oh, I started smoking again because of a really dumb-ass breakup, and I needed something to do. Ê;)

But actually, and very seriously, all this talk about it has started me on the "I'm gonna quit again soon" track. ÊWhich is awesome, so good work dwight. ÊIt's actually not hard for me to quit - once I get my head around it, it's not a big problem. ÊI just really like smoking - but the physical addiction never gets me too bad. Ê(I quit for a year once, and then three the last time around). ÊThe only crap part is that I can't sleep for a week because I have this tremendous amount of weird energy. ÊBut I can handle that.

Soooooooooooon. :)

EC

Effin' mac computer keeps making those weird symbols.  sorry about that.  it's a new computer and i don't know how to work it yet.

(maybe the symbols are trying to tell us something...)

dogandponyshow

yeah....a touch weird but no big deal.  I have a friend going up to Vancouver next week who likes to enjoy the ganja.  I am sure if there is one there, he will find it

D.

EC

Yeah, and see if he can't remember the name!  ;)

dwight

Dear John-

I would be honored to check out the new digs. Any time!

D

sweet!  let me get settled and baby nestled and we'll do some dinner, my favorite thing in the world is to eat with friends!

EC,
Ah, I see...well, just wondering.  If yer gonna smoke, well, I recommend the whatnot over ANY cig any day.  ;)

Montreal is indeed more European than anywhere else on the continent, IMHO.  It's like Paris everywhere, everyone is all dressed in black, they're all pole thin and smoke like chimmneys.  Some of the best food I've ever had-certainly the best maple syrup!

SMc55

QuoteEffin' mac computer keeps making those weird symbols.  sorry about that.  it's a new computer and i don't know how to work it yet.

(maybe the symbols are trying to tell us something...)

They make it hard to read but rather beautiful I think.

EC

They make it hard to read but rather beautiful I think.
:)