Goin' to the... ah... back yard...

Started by EC, Feb 25, 2005, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Somebody's getting married today, and that person's name is olllllllwiggum!!! :)

Babies and weddings!

Happy day 'wiggum.  May you both have the most wonderful day, and beyond that, life with your own personal Margaret Yang.

May people say: "Best wedding ever, man."  

May you not run out of PBR at all - may it flow in fountains neverending.

May you rock, and may you bask in the glow of all of the lovely love.

Hooraaaaayyyy!

SMc55

Oh wow! Wonderful news!

Have a happy day and an even happier future.

Love and all good wishes to you both,

Susan

MMJ_fanatic

HEYYYYY congrat to wigs!  hope everyday is new with you and yours :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wordawg

the future is Ginger

utonynashm

CC

MMJ_fanatic

not to sound too "out of the loop" on this one, but was the ceremony in the bak yard?  (probably deserve a "duh!" on this one but I find it interesting where people choose to begin new chapters of their lives)

primushead

It's all downhill from here... :(  Nah, just kidding.  Have a great time!

EC

Hey fanatic, I'm gonna quote 'wiggum - partially for explanation, and partially because it's nice:
QuoteYeah, it's nice to have such cool friends.  
My wife and I got married almost 2 years ago, but we didn't tell anyone because we wanted to save money to put together a wedding the way that we wanted it. We finally started telling people that we were married in late Fall of 2004. We were planning on having a big BBQ or party or something just so we can have a "celebration". Well, some friends of ours decided that they are going to throw a wedding for us in their backyard and they are paying for almost all of it.  
How cool is that? Friends rule.      

I wonder if they're still dancing, and if so, what they're dancing to...  If it's the wife, it's either Cake or anything from the 80s.  If it's 'wiggum, it's the Drive By Truckers.  Hell, they're probably in the back yard jamming.  :)

If we were in my back yard, we would be wearing parkas and swearing.

MMJ_fanatic

maybe they even threw in the Pina Colada song ;)

EC

Maybe they're drinking them, and making their own verses!

marktwain

Well, congratulations on making the union public!  I hope you guys share a long and happy life!

corey

Thanks y'all. I'm just rolling out of bed and it's 1:30 in the afternoon.
Both of us got ridiculously intoxicated last night. It was such a wonderful day. We didn't go with the full-on dress-up. We kept it kind of casual since it was in ourt friends' backyard. The guys had sportscoats and Converse Chuck Taylors on.  :)
The ceremony was short and sweet. It was so wonderful. Everyone should have a wedding like that. And yes, it was very, very nice to be able to share the experience with close friends and loved ones.
We had a "post-reception" party where we had the alcohol so that we didn't have to bust it out in front of the grannies. :)  She and I both made different mixed CDs. Mine consisted of MMJ, DBTs, Wilco, TMBG, Soul Coughing, etc...
hers consisted mostly of dance music because she wanted to get down. :)

We're taking a few days of this week to go to Nashville with the little fella (her son, he may as well be mine. I'd swear that he has some of my genes in him). We have some stuff planned to do that he will enjoy, but the main thing on our list is to go to Grimey's and The Great Escape. I've been itching to go back to those places since we were there last summer.

MMJ_fanatic

live it up man it sounds like you've got one of those once in a lifetime soulmates there :)

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

EC

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I don't remember going to a place called The Great Escape.  Unless you mean that Nashville is "The Great Escape".  Because it is pretty good...

I'm so glad it was fun.  Yay!  You guys have a good time.  I can't think of two people who deserve a nice holiday more.  

(Can you please go to Robert's?  Are you allowed to bring kids to Robert's?)

Oh yeah, one thing I did after you all had left was go to the Willie Nelson museum (which is really just a store).  It's closer to the end of the strip, on one of the side streets.  It's very fun in there.  And the people are nice.

corey

I think "The Great Escape" is the name of the place that I'm thinking of. It's a comic/used CD/used DVD store that we found on West End after we ate lunch (before we left town) the last time that we were there. It was great. I'm itching to go back.

Oh yeah, here are some of the songs that were played as people were arriving and being seated:
"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds
"Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
"Blue Hawaii" by Elvis
"Power of Two" by the Indigo Girls
"God Only Knows" by the beach Boys
"In my life" (beatles cover) by Johnny Cash

We played "Somebody's getting Married" by the Muppets right before we walked in. "I Will", the Beatles song covered by Allison Krauss, played as the wedding party walked in. We walked out to "we go together" from Grease.

EC

WOW!
(I think the girls were chatting while the boys did other things, maybe, because I don't remember a comic store...)

'wiggs, your wedding sounds like it was wonderful.  Oh that's just so damn great.  Can you please give Ms. C. Sauce a gigantic hug from me, and then ask her to do the same?

Wordawg, rockers.   :)  Rock it in Nash Vegas.