Main Menu

Jacketroo

Started by BIGVICLBI, Mar 10, 2005, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

So here's my idea. We rent out a small campground and invite MMJ to put on a shows for us two nights in a row. We need a lake and some other acts that don't bring too many people. Or just me, a bottle of whiskey, and The Clancy Brothers CD! Start looking for sites and then we'll set up the whole thing and they'll have no other option than to come play for us. ;D

SMc55

If we sort it, they will come  :D

EC

That's awesome Big Vic.  You should do it - why not?  It's nothing crazier than a larger scale house concert.  

(I'd ask before you organize, though - just in case they're too busy, and then you're stuck with a big campsite on your hands...)  :)

sweatboard

and some Whisky and The Clancy Brothers CD...........It could Turn Out OK. :D
There's Still Time.........

BIGVICLBI

No no no you got me all wrong. See I'm an IDEA MAN, now I need someone to organize this :) :)I don't really think I'd be in a spot to do this way up in NJ, thought there are alot of woods. What area of the country do you think draws the most MMJ fans, that would be a likely spot to start. Too bad I didn't think of this before winter, as I've sat on my but the last two months waiting for it to get warm enough to start planting.

EC

QuoteNo no no you got me all wrong. See I'm an IDEA MAN, now I need someone to organize this :) :)I don't really think I'd be in a spot to do this way up in NJ, thought there are alot of woods. What area of the country do you think draws the most MMJ fans, that would be a likely spot to start. Too bad I didn't think of this before winter, as I've sat on my but the last two months waiting for it to get warm enough to start planting.

Isn't this funny...  I was just reading the rock concert stats this morning, and doesn't it show that camping concerts organized in Toronto, Canda (or the country outskirts therein) end up being the most beneficial for everyone involved?  The bands make tonnes of money and are treated extremely well, the promoters have a really good time and the concert-goers can barely speak for days afterwards - walking around in a happy daze.

Apparently it has something to do with our lax laws and generous spirit.  (read: drunkeness)

:)

BIGVICLBI

Did you just appoint yourself producer of Jacketroo? ;DI'll cut you in on a percentage.

EC

QuoteDid you just appoint yourself producer of Jacketroo? ;DI'll cut you in on a percentage.
Oh dude.  If I only had the time...  :)

BIGVICLBI

I actually live above my mom's shop a block away from the ocean, and I have a company picnic/drinkfest every year in our parking lot in late July. Last year I had a guy play guitar, maybe the next logical step would be....Headlining Perennial Gardens 3RD Annual Company Picnic....MMJ ;D

MMJ_fanatic

maybe the mighty johnconaway could pitch our cause (and twist a certain Patrick Hallahan's arm ;))
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

I live in Knoxville and my backyard would be a great venue.  Just tossing that out there.
There's Still Time.........