black mountain

Started by sweatboard, Mar 14, 2005, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

From Pitchfork:

the band are affable and idiosyncratic enough to win over those who passed on recent retrofits like Comets on Fire's Blue Cathedral or My Morning Jacket's It Still Moves, and make those records' admirers practically cream themselves.  

I think we should all check into this.  I remember hearing a song a while back and it was really HOT!!  I'm in the process of downloading the album now, I'll let you know what I think.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

dude do you know id they've got a website?  I heard of them a while back but not much air exposure yet... :-/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Quotethe band are affable and idiosyncratic enough to win over those who passed on recent retrofits like Comets on Fire's Blue Cathedral or My Morning Jacket's It Still Moves

I don't understand what retrofit is...

sweatboard

It's an old school outfit.......... I Guess.  

EC

QuoteIt's an old school outfit.......... I Guess.  

It is used negatively?  It kind of seems that way...  Or maybe they're saying that My Morning Jacket is too... what, obscure or something?  So these guys are more likeable?  I don't know.  

sweatboard

I suppose the guy is saying that Black Mountain is more likely to get more fans than MMJ or Comets On Fire.  But also saying that they all three harken back to good old 70's raw rock and roll.  I like all three bands so I'll take it as a good thing.

EC

QuoteI suppose the guy is saying that Black Mountain is more likely to get more fans than MMJ or Comets On Fire.  But also saying that they all three harken back to good old 70's raw rock and roll.  I like all three bands so I'll take it as a good thing.

Well I'm always looking for ways to cream myself, so I'll give these guys a try.  :)

sweatboard

exactly!!!

I have to say they remind me a little more of Comets On Fire than MMJ.  Comets On Fire are fucking awesome though, I imagine they are amazing live.