My Truckin Night

Started by harristrensky, Mar 16, 2005, 12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harristrensky

So yesterday I found out the Drive-By Truckers were playing an unannounced show at Tip's tonight. So i went by and sure enough they were. Great fucking show. They are coming back for Jazzfest.  Oh yeh,  it was FREE!
I was a big old bear once.

kymoose

Right on....they are playing in Lexington and Newport, KY and Bloomington in the next few weeks.  I plan to check them out.

The only thing with the truckers that I don't dig is the sometimes comical lyrical effort.  Some of the stuff can sound like Garth Brooks or Toby Keith or something.  The music is rad though and they are tough live.

corey

Most of the "comical" stuff was from their first couple of records.
They are my favorite band and have been since 2002. I know I talk about them all the time though, so you already knew that. Glad you enjoyed the show...

EC

QuoteThey are my favorite band and have been since 2002. I know I talk about them all the time though, so you already knew that.

Drive-By Truckers is your favourite band?  whuuuuut?
;)

p.s.  I talk about my favourite band a LOT.  I think I'm worse than you, actually.  heh.

corey

hhehe...  :)

Does it make me more of a dork if I'm helping out with a DBT fansite?

EC

QuoteDoes it make me more of a dork if I'm helping out with a DBT fansite?

I don't know, is it dorky to have over 1100 posts on a board that you haven't even been visiting for a year?  

Bring on the dorks!!  I think we're the better breed, anyhow...  Well, I know that YOU are.  :)

MMJ_fanatic

Quotehhehe...  :)

Does it make me more of a dork if I'm helping out with a DBT fansite?

Noway mun--ees cool you gotta job on de side ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

corey

:)

Speaking of... the site is www.ninebullets.org  for any of you DBT fans out there.
We are planning on putting a DBT database so you can search for songs and such. Until the database goes up, we've been sharing clips from shows that some of us have shot. Also, there is a forum which usually has some DVD B&Ps floating around.  
... and the next DBT tribute album should be online soon.  

(Dork)

primushead

Sweet site...and named after a good song too.  Perhaps you should've named it zoloft.org instead:)

corey

It was going to be buttholeville.com, but a guy here in North Alabama already claimed it (he's not using it, so that kind of sucks). One of the guys paid for the domain and space, there are a couple of us that are just helping with organization and stuff...
It's gonna have chords/tabs, old photos,  and a bunch of other stuff in the near future.

EC

Dear Dork,

I think you're awesome.

Signed,
Also Dorky

Zmog1974

coming to England in April ...yeeeehaaaa

also off to see Willie Nelson at the shitty bush empire...i hate this venue.  would be nice if the man Leon Russell came along too.