Main Menu

My Music

Started by utonynashm, Jan 10, 2005, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Rock, Tony.  R.O.C.K.

(I got wasted at my Dad's surprise 50th, too - we all ended up standing in a circle, those of us who were left, at 4 in the morning singing, [oh yes we did] "Back in the Saddle, Again" with my Dad going "I just love everyone so much.  I do.  No listen to me, I LOVE you.  I LOVE you.)

So fun. :)

utonynashm

NICE!!!

I am sober now...I seem to be able to take in MASSIVE amounts of beer and never get a hangover or nothing...I only get messed up while drinking harder liquor...hmmm...

But anyways...I really hate most of my family if not all so I am not very close to them and don't wanna be...hahaha....sad but true I suppose...i'm kindive a loner I guess...

but anyways...cool story....rockin' roll!

What else can I put o my music site...hmmmmmm....

I might take my orcehstral song down....

EC

QuoteI am sober now...I seem to be able to take in MASSIVE amounts of beer and never get a hangover or nothing...I only get messed up while drinking harder liquor...hmmm...

That will change.  Enjoy it while you can!  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

The 4 pack holder has this story on the side:

THE LEGEND OF THE BLACK HORSE

Summoned in a moment of holy despair
The devil, in the form of a big black steed,
Appeared on day out of the blue
To help raise a church that was lon overdue
In the troubled village of Trois Pistoles.

When all three towers were completed
The horse simply vanished into thin air
Leaving behinda monument that
Stands today as a symbol of
Peace on earth to men of goodwill
And a prayer for safety at sea.

On the side of the package is this great painting of a winged black horse in the sky behind a 3 towered church.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Wait, that doesn't make sense.  The devil was HELPING the troubled town?  The big winged horse was the devil, and he came to the town to raise a church?

What the hell?  Honestly, we drink too much beer up here.

Complainer

So...  I wonder if Gord Downie was erroneously translating pistoles into pistols.  Was he making some kind of statement about the french vs. the english, and all of their problems?  Trois-Pistoles isn't really anywhere too close to Algonquin Park, so not sure about the Tom Thompson reference (especially if that song is about his death), UNLESS he was hinting at the potentiality that Tom Thompson was assisinated for some money, and it just all ties in like that.

I think I'll take your word for it, EC. Whenever I try to figure out Gord Downie's lyrics I end up confused one second and awestruck the next. I honestly think some of his words/phrases/lyrics/whatevers are in the "Dylan-great" category. And his knowledge of Canadian lore makes me feel like I've been watching too much American TV.

MMJ_fanatic

Honestly, we drink too much beer up here.

Hey this isn't confession  ;) we'll keep your secret.

EC

Hey this isn't confession  ;) we'll keep your secret.
Man, I've always felt a little left out in the human experience because I've never had a confession with a priest.  I'm not catholic, and I don't know if anyone in my family history ever was.  But there's something about it that I've always wanted to do - just to do.  I've taken communion before (at weddings and funerals, and twice just to go with people who were Catholic).

I think it's the ceremony of the thing that's appealing - wanting to understand it.

MMJ_fanatic

I don't think you missed anything necessarily.  I'm Lutheran and they have this neat part of the service where everyone silently confesses all the naughty stuff they want to be forgiven for--kinda the PC church service :D

utonynashm

I updated the site now!

Check it out if you want...

EC

Revolution Never Hurts is extremely wicked.  Nice work, dude.  

utonynashm

Thank you!

Then you might dig my new tune I just recorded today and just put up there....GOT SOUL??????????

EC

Very rockin'.  ;D  Oooh, I like the speedy bit at the end.  

Man, I want to learn how to play electric solos.