So I'm more or less back again... :)

Started by O, Mar 28, 2005, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Hi there everybody,

As some of you might have noticed, I haven't been around that much lately. Things have not been all that well, especially when it came to stress and mental health and inner peace and such and some things still aren't, but that shouldn't be a reason to never be in contact with you guys anymore. So... I've been listening quite a lot to Joy Division lately, and I've been into obscure singer/songwriters such as Kimya Dawson, Pien Feith and Will Johnson, of whom only Pien Feith is obscure, really, but what the heck. And I'm a postman, wich is a fucking tiring job and not good if you're still trying to study, wich I am. Oh, and I've got my own computer with ultrafast internet, though a little bit too fast for my old computer, so often he can't even handle it. Oh well. I can post on this site at 3 in the morning now and that's a good thing, I guess. So, how have you been?
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Fuck, I have a lot to read. Can't someone sum it all up for me?
I'm ready when you are

CC

QuoteFuck, I have a lot to read. Can't someone sum it all up for me?

just take your time, it's all worth it ;)
good to see you back. again.
how was your show?

SMc55

Hey, good to see you back. Hope things are looking better for you. A postman! That must keep you fit. What are you studying, by the way?

Sweatboard, Tundra and I got to 500 posts joined the 5 star dodgeball team. You need to look at that thread because you're on the team too  :D   This is it:

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=offtopic;action=display;num=1108242365;start=0

There's talk of a second tribute album. We've got some new members who are asking about shows and DVDs. We haven't had much to tell them.

It was MMJfanatic's birthday last week.

I'll get back if I think of anything else. Welcome back  ;D

EC

QuoteHey, good to see you back. Hope things are looking better for you. A postman! That must keep you fit. What are you studying, by the way?

Sweatboard, Tundra and I got to 500 posts joined the 5 star dodgeball team. You need to look at that thread because you're on the team too Ê:D Ê This is it:

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=offtopic;action=display;num=1108242365;start=0

There's talk of a second tribute album. We've got some new members who are asking about shows and DVDs. We haven't had much to tell them.

It was MMJfanatic's birthday last week.

I'll get back if I think of anything else. Welcome back Ê;D

Good summation, dith!  (O, did you know about John's baby?)

Welcome back.  Don't cut your hair.  (Unless you want to.)

What show is Riny talking about?  Have you been playing?  

:)

thebigbang

QuoteFuck, I have a lot to read. Can't someone sum it all up for me?

MMJ is a great rock n' roll band, with great fans and a great website.  With MMJ, it is all great!
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SMc55

(O, did you know about John's baby?)

I hadn't forgotten about Amelia (gosh, I'd hate John to think I had!) but I thought O had said something about her picure. Looking back, it was an ultrasound picture!

More info: the band are playing Bonnaroo but no other shows have been announced. There are some cool pictures of them on the Elizabethtown movie thread.

Happy reading, O  :D

wordawg

Anybody tell you that the band are playing in Holland next month?

Didn't thinks so. Probably because they aren't. But we live in hope.

Nice to read you again.

wordawg
the future is Ginger

lfish

Hey O,

How are things going?

Did you know we did a little tour with the tribute bands during your brief abscence.  We did the west-coast of Alaska and the south-eastern region of Kirgistan.  People went just mad.  :o

Nice to hear you again!
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

always leave the televisor on...always leave your answers by the phone...

hey man, great to have you back in the fold.  we missed ya!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

Well, John, how's your kid? And dammit, Lfish, I'm gonna sue you guys! I don't know for what yet, maybe unpaid royalties or something, but I'll get ya for not informing me.  :P

I wasn't expecting the European tour anymore. Given up my hopes.
I'm ready when you are

peanut butter puddin surprise

amelia is WONDERFUL.  she's a normal, healthy baby so it's hard work but soooooooooooooooo worth it.  she's a sweet pea!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

plank10

Good to hear from you again O.

I've been working and uh working. ick

SMc55

Work is a terrible thing. Much too much of it about.