Humana Festival

Started by EC, Mar 22, 2005, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Kentucky boys and girls - are any of you checking our the Humana Festival at the Actor's Theatre in Louisville?

If so, can you talk about it?  I'd like to know what y'all think...

peanut butter puddin surprise

hey Meg, I know this only took a few weeks to get to, but hey... ;)

The Humana Festival of plays is awesome, avant garde theater for sure.  I think it's about a dozen or so plays in a week period or something crazy like that.  Experimental and full nudity and whatnot.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteExperimental and full nudity and whatnot.
HAHAHAHAHA!!  

Yeah, we've been talking in the office about this one for a while.  We tried to get a show in there, but it's only for new American plays.  Which is understandable.

Not to say that they don't accept non-American plays for their regular season...  :)

not sure, but they seem really cool and would probably be hip for just about anything.  ANYTHING.  i've seen full male frontal nudity at some plays.  (female too, but seeing girls naked onstage isn't nearly as shocking as men, esp. in America...not for me, mind you, but Americans in general...something tarty about the penis, I suppose)

EC

I think full male nudity is quite shocking for most.  I remember taking my Dad to see a play in New York, about Oscar Wilde (the Judas Kiss starring Liam Neeson, very cool).  The play began with a full on cunnilingus session, standing up.  And later on there was a whole lot of sex between Oscar Wilde and his pals.  Full nudity.  Full just about everything.

My poor old Dad.  Poor guy, I thought he was going to squirm himself into the chair.

There was a play done here called "Shopping and Fucking" that began with a big ass-fucking scene, and that was the big shocking advertising feature.  It did quite well, though.  So I suppose the penis IS tarty, but I suppose people are interested in it...  :)

I suppose we're more used to seeing naked girls.  Girls tend to not mind seeing each other naked as much as guys do.  

QuoteGirls tend to not mind seeing each other naked as much as guys do

;D

EC

Yeah.  Thought you might like that.  ;)

I er ah the hell with it!  ;)