My cat is missing

Started by johnconaway, Apr 07, 2005, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

He got out last night and hasn't been back.  not at the pound, not anywhere in the house...he's 16 years old and needs to go to the vet ASAP...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteHe got out last night and hasn't been back. Ênot at the pound, not anywhere in the house...he's 16 years old and needs to go to the vet ASAP...

Oh NO!  That's terrible news!  Do you think he knows he's supposed to go to the vet?

Oh man.  Maybe he went to your old house?  Cats like to go back to where they're familiar...  

Let us know!  

(It's not fair!!)  :(

fitzcarraldo

John, I feel your pain. I hope your kitty comes back, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Sean

antoniostrohs

John,I'm sorry to here about your cat.With any luck he'll remember how well he was taking care of and he'll find his way back home

sweatboard

You'll find him John.  Cats are smart he'll be ok.
There's Still Time.........

JacketGal

I hope you find you cat! I had read once if you put your cat's litter box outside, near your house, the cat will smell it and head back. Good luck to you!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

EC

Honestly, I've been thinking about this all night.  When you read my following post about what I actually did tonight, it might be surprising.  But John, I think you should check your old place.  Cats are like birds and wasps - they have internal mechanisms that take them to their "home".  

Oh my god I am so sending good cat vibes to Kentucky tonight.

tomEisenbraun

Dang man, you just made me miss my old fella.

When I moved to the suburbs of Chicago last year, we moved to this little townhouse development in the suburbs and we had this awesome cat. So he's used to being out and about and ogign and catching small prey and being outside for a couple of days every now and then, so the first time he was gone for a day or two we weren't too worried, but then we realized we heard meowing from our next door neighboors garage, and the guy said he ran in and he couldn't get him to come back out. So went and grabbed him and took him home, figured he'd figured out garage doors by now.

So then he's gone again. He doesn't come home for a couple of days, we figured he'd gone exploring and would come back. A week goes by, so we figured we'd start askin around. My mom goes down the little townhouse subdivision and first woman she asks says she hasnt seen the cat.

Next house she goes to, the response is "Oh that was your cat! The lady next door found him." The lady who's mother had just told my mom she'd never seen him. Long story short, the woman was a lying animal rights freak who thought that it was cruel to let an animal outside, nevermind the fact that all animals were outdoor critters before us humans came along and tamed em. But lets move on past that, shall we.

So the woman lied to us several times, tried to convince us she'd given him away at the grocery store, to get us off her back, because then she wouldnt have had any contacts. She made my mom cry a couple times.

The truth (we think) is that she gave him away to some woman who lived an hour north through a friend, and refused to give us any contact information because "it made her so happy, and the grandkids love him" and possibly because he had taken out one of the squirrels that this woman fed on a regular basis. When neighboor lady who was nice had taken my mom over to get the truth that one day, she asked the cat-stealer "He didn't get any of the squirrels did he?" and her response was "No...all of mine are accounted for."

People like this make me angry beyond belief. She was making herself some righteous hero for rescuing our animal from "horrible" people who would *gasp* let him outdoors. And we lost a frickin awesome cat in the process.

John, I hope you find your critter. Hopefuly you don't have bitchy neighboors like me.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Yeah, and if you do, I'll fucking kick their damn asses when I come to town.

Stupid self-righteous assholes.

ANYHOW, good vibes, I bet your sweet pea is just hiding out.  Perhaps jealous of the OTHER sweet pea.  :)

sweatboard

Play some My Morning Jacket really loud John, he'll know where to head.
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuotePlay some My Morning Jacket really loud John, he'll know where to head.
Fuck me, I didn't think of that.  That might actually work!

SMc55

Oz

Eisy, that story is horrible. You must have frightened John to death... Any news yet?
I'm ready when you are

[glb]WE FOUND HIM![/glb]

It's amazing what the offer of a $100 reward will do for people...he was holed up in an empty house's garage for the past few days.  

Everyone is back where they belong and once again Lawndale is happy! 8)

corey

EC

YYYAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!   ;D  

Hobo is much happier on the couch...

fitzcarraldo

tomEisenbraun

I'm very glad you found him. For some reason, garages tend to confuse and scare cats. Keep on rockin, john. And if his name really is Hobo, you have one awesome cat.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

By the way, John, that damn acorn IS very hypnotic.  I. can't. stop. looking. at. it.