Current guilty pleasure song...

Started by Dorothy_Mantooth, Apr 12, 2005, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorothy_Mantooth

Out with it.

Mine is that darn Keane song with the xtreme video with acid rain and deforestation.

that new snoop song with justin timberlake is mighty catchy too.

your turn.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

whothrewthecake

i sing along to mr brightside by the killers.

it's true.

Dorothy_Mantooth

brandon flowers.

and with like 38 remixes on itunes, how could you be bored
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

peanut butter puddin surprise

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, "The Message"
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteGrandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, "The Message"
That's NOTHING to feel guilty about!!

I sang the entire "2 Become 1" by the Spice Girls in the drug store the other day.  yikes!

okay, I change my answer to whatever that "bam da bam oh black betty bam da bam oh-oh black betty" cheese dance metal song is...

SmoothOprtr

I don't know if it's necessarily current, but I've always considered the first Gin Blossoms album a guilty pleasure.  Lately I've been listening to a Toad the Wet Sprocket CD I found for a buck and I think it's excellent (particularly for the value).  For some reason I feel that falls into the guilty pleasure category as well....
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

kymoose

Hey, Toad the Wet Sprocket kicks ass--that's nothing to be ashamed of.

EC

QuoteHey, Toad the Wet Sprocket kicks ass--that's nothing to be ashamed of.
Yeah, exactly!  Come on guys - who's listening to Justin Timberlake (he actually had a very cool band when he played here last summer at SARS fest with all those other dudes).  Who's listening to old Paula Abdul records?  

marktwain

okay, I have to confess a soft spot for Billy Joel's 'New York State of Mind.'

:-[Sorry. :-[

primushead

I have Avril Lavigne's song "everything" stuck in my head.  I wouldn't call it a pleasure, but I sure feel guilty about it. :-/

Chills

These are six at random from a near endless list...

Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Neil Diamond: Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show
Electric Six: Dance Commander
Shakira: Objection Tango
Uriah Heep; Easy Living
Journey: Don't Stop Believing

However I don' feel to guilty about it, it's all good fun!

Drunkre

Quoteokay, I change my answer to whatever that "bam da bam oh black betty bam da bam oh-oh black betty" cheese dance metal song is...

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be Black Oak Arkansas' "Black Betty."  Also has a line in it about the chick being from "down in Alabam'/bam a lam," and since I too am from "down in Alabam'," I can't resist liking this song a bit too much perhaps.  As another addendum, it is featured as the soundtrack to quite possibly the coolest scene in Johnny Depp's movie, "Blow."
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

wow, I thought it was newer than that as the radio can't seem to get enough of playing it here...hmmmmmmm

where in 'bama you from?  ;)

Drunkre

A place called Dothan, 'bout 15 minutes from the Florida state line.  If you can find a map of US, just find Panama City Beach, FL and trace Highway 231 North.  
But, that will be remedied soon.  In short of 3 weeks, I will graduate from college and move to Birmingham, which, I know, is not the metropolis of the South or anything, but it's hella cooler than this place.  At least it gets some shows (saw Lyle Lovett at the Alabama Theater there once).
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

wordawg

I'm terrified that someone is going to mention 'Pina Colada' in this thread.

wordawg
the future is Ginger

...and she said "awww, it's you..."  ;D

tomEisenbraun

well, i spose its not so muhc of a guilty pleasure since its technically an MMJ song, but "West End Girls" has been rockin through my head for a while now. Also, "We Will Become Silhouettes" by the Postal Service. The latter, I'm currently working on an acoustic arrangement for, which I'll be playign at a coffe house event for my school next week. I've got a half-hour set, so woot!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

QuoteI've got a half-hour set, so woot!
Woot fer sure!!

Enrump

The whole "Jagged little pill" album by alanis morisette... I don't have that record lying around on my kitchen table exactly....