The Movie "DiG!

Started by antoniostrohs, Apr 17, 2005, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniostrohs

I highly recommend this documentary movie if you haven't seen it yet.Just recently released on DVD,but saw this a couple a months ago.It's fascinating inside look at two up and coming indie rock bands at the time.(The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre).It really captures the tension of friendships and competiton that develops between the lead singers of both bands and in the bands themselves.It was filmed over a seven year period and gives a great look into rock life at its best and worst.Very enjoyable,sad and funny.You really don't have to be a fan of either band because I didn't know too much of the music by either group.Definitely worth a rental and worth checking out.

urbanboho

My friend works for Universal and brought this home the other night. I thought it was fantastic...incredibly entertaining and it gave a good insider's view of the industry. Definitely a must see.

peanut butter puddin surprise

yo, gotta check that out...thanks for the suggestion, uncle tony!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

just watched it.
loved it!
watch it!

Timmy

You're so right antoniostrohs,DiG! is a really cool flick and definitely worth rental.

Drunkre

When I was in Birmingham last, they had a Sidewalk Film Festival going on.  This film was being shown, and, to be quite honest, looked like the only thing I wanted to see in the projected lineup.  All the other films were like "T.D. Jakes' Woman On Fire" or some shit like that.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

urbanboho

Quotejust watched it.
loved it!
watch it!

couldnt agree more.