ACL Fest line-up

Started by whothrewthecake, May 06, 2005, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whothrewthecake

the ACL line-up was announced and it looks pretty awesome. is anyone else going to this? i was sad the jacket was not on there. they rocked my world last year.

http://www.aclfest.org/festival/

EC

Oh my GOD, that will be a rocking deal.  

September, eh?  whew.  damn.

hellacious, are you going?

hellaciousc

i don't think i'm going this year.

i wasn't pleased with the lineup.
in my opinion, its way too heavy on 'cool indie bands' that think they're really cool because all the cool kids say they're cool.

last year they had a great bunch of TX legends.
this year:  just Lyle Lovett.

and Lyle is cool, but thats not enough for me.

the past 2 years there were at least 10 bands that i LOVE playing.   and plenty more i wanted to see.
this year there's only about 4 that i love, and a ton of bands i've heard hype about but don't really know.

so sad..

EC

oh no!  poor hc!!  :(

Dorothy_Mantooth

i think i'd have to disagree. only about 25 out of the 100+ bands are those types of indie bands. i'm not really impressed with the headliners either, but i normally never am. well except for prine and jimmy cliff.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

hellaciousc

1/4 of the bands on the bill being cool indie bands is too much for me.  especially considering there's at least 40 bands on the bill that i've never heard of.

disappointing.

last year i saw Terry Allen, Joe Ely, and Butch Hancock--all TX legends + current TX stars Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison and Bob Schneider and Reckless Kelly.   plus cool rockers MMJ, DBTs, Soundtrack of Our Lives, Ben Kweller, Old 97s, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Elvis Costello.   I discovered Calexico.   it was hot, but it was great.

there's not much at all that i'm excited about seeing this year.   Lyle, Prine, Wilco, Bobby Bare Jr.   the end.

there's plenty of other bands that i'd go see.
but not many i'm excited about.