Springtime in Kentucky

Started by johnconaway, Apr 20, 2005, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Guys, how did the Run for the Roses go?  (did I ask that already? I can't remember...)

Everyone have fuuuuuun?  

kymoose

The run fo' the roses is the first Saturday in May.  So, it's still a week and a half away--but, the festival events have started and what not.  Good times, good times.

EC

(whoops!  I guess I just assumed it was a weekend thing.  Man, y'all like to stretch things out, hey?!)
:)

marktwain

Quote(Man, y'all like to stretch things out, hey?!
:)
well, yeah!  Haven't you heard the way we talk?

EC

well, yeah!  Haven't you heard the way we talk?
Not yet! ;)

Godfather

Kentucky is mainly rolling hills.(glaciers covered Ohio and pushed ground down) The only really mountain area is eastern KY which is by West virgina(and very redneck)Im from northern kentucky right by Cincinnati.
Without MMJ my state of Kentucky would only have horses, whiskey, tobacco, and weed, so thank you..

MickeyReds

ciggarettes are cheap in kentucky
As long as you keep a straight face...

peanut butter puddin surprise

welp, that fun lovin' season is just about over.  the humidity is pushing the "sweat profusely" envelope but it's still beautiful.  i love the morning drive, windows down, cool breeze...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

give me a kentucky back road, a full tank of gas, and all day to drive.  closer to heaven than I can imagine...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Quotegive me a kentucky back road, a full tank of gas, and all day to drive.  closer to heaven than I can imagine...
oh boy!  :D

So humid and sweaty, eh?  Yikes.  That kind of weather does very interesting things to my hair.  It might have to stay in braids the whole time.  

On that note, does anybody have any helpful tips for how to cool yer tent down at night?

peanut butter puddin surprise

oh boy!  :D

So humid and sweaty, eh?  Yikes.  That kind of weather does very interesting things to my hair.  It might have to stay in braids the whole time.  

On that note, does anybody have any helpful tips for how to cool yer tent down at night?

oh, it's not THAT kind of humid at night yet...so I think yer good to go.  you're probably used to cold nights, so a spring Kentucky night should feel like August to you.  ;)

but if it's hot, i'd suggest:

-battery operated fan
-ice packs under the sleeping bag
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

Keep an ice-cold can of beer in each hand.

EC

Keep an ice-cold can of beer in each hand.

What, all night?  Impossible! ;)

(john, your electric fan idea is brilliant.)